Job Description For Reception Agent (full time)
Fairmont Royal York
Reception Agent (full time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
As an Emerging Leader, you will lead yourself through: positive orientation, self-development, self-management and problem solving. You will lead others through: leading by example, engaging with the teams, developing others and communicating effectively. You will lead the business through being guest-focused and aware of the business and identifying areas of improvement.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Greet, check-in, respond to requests and settle accounts while providing exceptional service
- Take initiative to add a personalized experience
- Proudly promote the hotel facilities, looking for opportunities to enhance a guest's stay through up-selling
- Provide effective, fast service in a friendly manner
- Check in and out hotel guests according to standards and policies
- Answer incoming calls
- Monitor for special rates and billing arrangements
- Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction by addressing concerns promptly
- Review and prepare for VIP and ALL loyalty members arrivals to ensure flawless check-in experience
- Coordinate the storage/delivery of guest mail/messages/packages including the monitoring, processing and distribution thereof
- Keep front desk organized, tidied, and sanitized up to ALL Safe policies
- Ensure front desk is stocked with essential material
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Hotel grooming standards
- Pass on any guest comments to Assistant Front Office Manager/Manager on Duty
- Make certain to be familiar with fire and emergency procedures
- Other responsibilities connected with Front Office may be required
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Service focused personality is essential; experience is an asset
- Previous front desk/reception experience a strong asset
- Must have effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP an asset
- Knowledge of Micros PMS/Opera an asset
- Must have a good command of the English language
- Hotel/Hospitality degree or diploma an asset
- Available for shift work including weekends and holidays
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position. In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS