Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Reception Agent
ibis Styles Dubai Deira
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities: Planning & Organizing:
- The Reception Agent will be dynamic and efficient to serve all guests with a professional, warm and positive attitude. She/he will be the main actor in the check in and check out process, and will be available to provide assistance to all guests.
- The schedule of the Reception Agent will rotate 24 hours a day.
- Takes reservations over the email, phone, by fax or internet, and handles all associated operations.
- Increases and optimises room sales in line with the brand and hotel's sales policy.
- The Reception Agent will be very often the first person that a guest will come to see to look for a service or assistance. The greeting and attitude of the Reception Agent will influence a lot the opinion that the guest will have of the overall hotel.
- Being at the service of the guest, the first task of the Reception Agent is to be available at any time for the guest. Greeting with a smile, a warm & positive attitude are essential. The guest has to feel expected and welcome at any time.
- Adheres to the reporting requirement of the Front Office as outlined by the Rooms Division Manager.
- Knows the hotel's facilities and services well and takes every opportunity to promote them to all the guests.
- Knows the cities' main landmarks and attractions.
- Respects and applies the hotel and brand's pricing policies.
- Implements the Revenue Management policy.
Administration: Immigration records:
- Present and visible in the lobby, he or she is easily identifiable by guests as the person to whom they should go. He/she is pro-active in assisting all the guests.
- In the scope of the Front Office, is able to accommodate all the guest's requests.
- Contributes to guests' sense of wellbeing, establishing a lasting and trusting relationship.
- Handles guests' requests for information and provides answers; puts them in contact with the appropriate Heartist if necessary.
- Thanks to his/her special relationship with guests, provides comprehensive personal information on them (customer profile).
- Handles any customer problems as required.
- C/I & C/O: The Reception Agent will ensure that all C/I and C/O are made in line with the standards established. She/he will be especially attentive on the audit, immigration & guest history issues. She/he will then ensure that the operations handled by her/his own are fully completed and correct.
- Executive Bookings & VIP: The Reception Agent will be attentive that each VIP guest or Executive booking is ushered immediately.
- Guest requests follow up: The Reception Agent will be ready to help the guest with any request.
- Handover: At end of shift, the Reception Agent will clear her/his station and do a full and detailed handover with the following shift. She/he will check in details that her/his cashier report is correct, with all the backups attached.
- Selling / Up-selling: The Reception Agent will take every opportunity to sell the hotel facilities and services to the guests.
- Privacy: The Reception Agent will be attentive to respect the privacy/confidentiality of all the hotel guests.
- Monitors movements in the hotel lobby with discretion.
- Ensures that the lobby remains clean.
- Follows up the administration of reservations very thoroughly, making check-in operations easier for the front desk team.
- Transforms a request for information into a potential reservation as soon as there is an opportunity.
- Presents the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme to customers; adapts the sales pitch to each customer.
- Counters any objections with a suitable and structured sales argument; passes on any questions that cannot be answered to his/her superior.
- Handles reservations by applying the various step-by-step processes defined by the brand ("Reser-Vision")
- Enters reservation details precisely and correctly using Opera and ResaWEB.
- Ensures that information is passed on to the people concerned.
- Confirms the reservation; takes care over written communication.
- Handles the No Show & Late cancellation report on daily basis and apply charges when applicable.
- Process all the non-refundable deposits and post charges into the PMS.
- Review Booking.com early departure on daily basis and do the proper adjustment on the extranet.
- Rapidly identifies the new customer and modifies the sales pitch accordingly.
- Suggests other Accor hotels to customers if the hotel is full.
Your experience and skills include: -
- The Reception Agent will ensure that all the guests who checked in during her/his shift are fully recorded the same day on the accurate immigration reports (CID as per UAE law).
- Replenishes Front Office supplies like stationery used for the operations as often as required and that the circuits of operations are followed strictly.
- Reports quickly any problem or question to her/his supervisor. The Reception Agent will read the reception logbook at the beginning of shift, follow up and keep it updated during his/her shift.
Minimum 2 years experience as a Reception Agent or in a similar role preferably in hospitality sector.
- Skilled in Front Office operations with the ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Knowledge of Micros or similar POS systems, Opera or similar PMS systems and Microsoft Software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill in English; Arabic Language is an advantage.
- Preferably, available locally. Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.