Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Wellington, New Zealand
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Receptionist - Novotel Wellington
First impressions are everything! As a Receptionist, you will take care of the guests from the moment they arrive through to their departure by ensuring they have a memorable experience with us. Situated in the heart of the Wellington CBD, with 139 bedrooms, 70 seat restaurant and boardroom, Novotel Wellington is currently recruiting for a Receptionist to join their Front Office team.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager / Assistant Manager, you will be assisting guests upon arrival, ensuring the smooth check in and check out, and assisting them with any queries throughout their stay.
What is in it for you:
Your experience and skills include:
- Staff celebration & tenure recognition
- Bring your mate to work - program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- What you will be doing:
- Greet, check-in, respond to requests and settle accounts while providing exceptional service
- Take initiative to add a personalized experience
- Proudly promote the hotel facilities, looking for opportunities to enhance a guest's stay through up-selling
- Ensure professionalism and accuracy with information and billing during arrival and departure.
- Achieve an accurate and logical work sequence.
- Follow procedures for cash and security on front desk.
- Ensure reservations have correct tariffs and up-sells.
- Ensure messages are accurate and passed on promptly.
- Provide business centre services as required, with correct charges posted for guests.
- Positively respond to all queries (both internal and external), redirect to departments as required.
- Maintain a positive selling approach to maximise yield in both occupancy and rates.
- Any other reasonable request as required by your Supervisor or Hotel Management.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Service focused personality is essential; experience is an asset
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work on a rotating roster
- Can work under pressure in a busy environment
- Have a full NZ drivers license and the ability to drive both a manual and automatic vehicle
- A thorough working knowledge of the front office operations
- Strong cash handling skills
- An excellent telephone manner
- A great personality
- Enjoy being innovative and creative with a passion for delivering customer service
- Ability to demonstrate great organisational skills
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Ability to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Opera is preferred
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS