Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Carolina, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Reservation Agent
The Fairmont El San Juan Reservation Sales Agent is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Fairmont El San Juan Hotel standards. He/she is also responsible for participating in the monthly Revenue/Reservation meeting.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Attend and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Reservation Services Manager of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
- Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
- Process travel agent checks, if required at property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Reservation Services Agent and assist at front desk as needed.
- Communicate availability to wholesalers.
- Employees must at all times be attentive friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
Education & Experience :
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in a hotel or related field preferred
- College course work in related field helpful
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
To join our Group, please visit https://careers.accor.com/