We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Vung Tau/Vietnam
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 21 Mar 2022
Job Role : Reservations Agent
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ96899
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-04-18
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Pullman Vung Tau hotel
1. Administrative responsibilities
- Be concerned with staff discipline and staff performance and help to develop skills for all staff within the section
- To conduct training for all staff
- To create revenue management culture among all revenue players (front office, reservation, sales)
2. Revenue Management
- Communicate the processes to follow in terms of booking quality and correct data input into the PMS, toward the reservation and front office team;
- Regularly checks the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc);
- Update the event database (e.g. in RMS).
- Analyze the hotel performance in the RMS as a basis for strategy decisions;
- Survey the market, the competitors in terms of pricing and closed dates as a basis for future pricing strategies;
- Analyze the contract performance (price, allotments, number of rooms sold, etc) before decisions on renewals are taken.
- Act as a support in the preparation of the annual revenue budget.
- Provide proposals for the adaptation of the long-term and short-term hotel strategy (day types, ideal mix, RML ranking, price points, triggers, sales conditions, etc) on the basis of the analysis done previously;
- Calculate availability and minimum rate for the requests by using group quotation;
- Providing dynamic forecasts, compared to the strategy of the GM and budget.
- Consult and implement daily the recommendations in inventory and distribution tools;
- Implement and communicate on minimum stay, closed to arrival, up-selling;
- Make recommendation for strategy changes in RMS, in relation to day types, ideal mix, close limits, booking limits, to be able to react early to guest behavior changes (new events, etc);
- Optimize the distribution channels.
- Analyze on a monthly basis the results in terms of internal and external indicators (RevPAR and market share), in order to react in time;
- Check regularly the implementation of the defined strategies (brand, place, hotel).
- To contribute to overall operational efficiency by performing relevant duties as assigned
- To use supervision skills effectively to encourage and motivate staff
- To coach, counsel & approve for staff with critical decisions.
- To check and ensure that the job assigned within department has been effectively completed on the timely basis and according to hotel's expectation.
- To follow-up group wash down timely
- To oversee the timetable planning and schedule days off for all Reservation staff.
- To give current update on reservation trends and forecasts for current and future dates.
- To report regularly on happenings of the section in the briefings
- To supervise provision for commission
4. Commercial responsibilities
- To provide services and information to guests that is the most accurate and up to date possible, and is delivered to the guest in the most meaningful way.
- To maintain a very good reputation for the hotel and assist to increase the overall profitability of the hotel
5. Human responsibilities
- To be understandable, supportive, encouraging and helpful to all subordinates
- To form good working relationship with all colleagues and employees of the hotel
- Degree in Hotel Management School, or general Business school.
- Knowledge of the concepts and evaluation of market analysis processes.
- A clear understanding of hotel industry is necessary as well as analytical capabilities, experience in study cases, market research and studies with mathematical background;
- Revenue Management: RM Pass Training courses (Dimension and Pro) Analytical tools
- Excel advanced user (most of the formulas; database knowledge, pivot tables)
- Revenue Management System (Amadeus RMS or EZ RMS).
- Technologies and distribution tools
- PMS (Opera or FOLS, Fidelio V7, Hogatex Starlight, Hotix).
- CRS (TARS data and resa main screens) and distribution channels.
- Communication skills : PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Languages: fluent in the national language, and good level in English