Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Reservations Agent
Raffles The Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Handle customer calls inquiries pertaining to room reservations, with a focus on revenue maximization and quality.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the key principles of ACCOR'S Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management
- Retail, Corporate, Leisure, Group, Other
- Rate Restrictions, hurdles and availabilities
- Maximise rooms revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales
- Utilize effective upselling techniques
- Understand and take reservations to support the revenue management strategies employed by the Revenue Management leader in the hotel
- Be fluent on all hotel products and services
- Handle faxes and emails pertaining to rooms reservations
- Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels
- Be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right customer at the right time
- Handle customer queries and complaints relating to Rooms Reservations
- Co-host dinners/special events with the Sales Team and be involved in client entertainment as required
- Identify Sales opportunities through individuals, Corporate Accounts, Wholesalers and Travel Management companies
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with ACCOR'S Core Reservation Standards
- Achieve targeted goals in the LQA Hotel Mystery Shopping calls
- Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database
- Ensure market segmentation is accurate for each reservation
- Create hierarchies/relationships between Corporate Accounts
- Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS/S&C.
- Be involved in all property PMS Conversions
- Complete understand and effective use of the Hotel's telephone system
- Maintain the Reservation correspondence
- Support the Reservations Manager and/or Revenue Management leader with special projects as required.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to organize work flow
- Degree/Diploma in Training and Development or Hotel Management
- Working knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Hotel or Resort, as Reservations Agents.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region.