Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Gold Coast, Australia
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Reservations Manager I Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
As our Reservations Manager, you will be responsible to plan, direct and co-ordinate all Reservations activities to ensure smooth running of the department. This role will work closely with the Director or Rooms, Guest Welcome Manager, Multi-Hotel Revenue Manager and Sales and Marketing team on all aspects of revenue maximization across all distribution channels.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing exceptional customer service, listening to guests in order to understand their needs and offering tailored options
- Overseeing the day to day Management of the Reservations team and assisting the Reservations team with day to day tasks including overflow of calls and stepping in to assist the team as required
- Monitoring third party websites and GDS to maximise REVPAR
- Ensure the Property reaches maximum occupancy and returns through efficient room allocations, accurate monitoring and inspection of bookings in the reservations system
- Assisting guests with bookings and proactively responding to TrustYou guest feedback.
- Working with and developing business relationships with travel agents, corporate and leisure business
- Maintaining regular communication with the Sales team, ensuring that any leads are passed on
- Upholding our Accor Live Limitless loyalty program, ensuring that guests are correctly linked to guest history and departments are aware of any special needs
- Handling a high volume of reservations with superb 100% accuracy from the team to ensure data integrity
- Lead the Reservations team culture to focus on loyalty and driving recruitment of new members
- Provides ongoing leadership, support and guidance to the entire Reservations team to ensure the overall success of the department.
There are a few things that would make your application shine - having energy and a positive attitude, a genuine customer service focus and a dedication to always getting the small details right as well as:
- Previous experience in a large Hotel Reservations role (200 rooms essential), and a genuine passion to create memorable moments for the guests
- Excellent time management and organisational skills giving you the ability to handle tight deadlines
- You'll be able to work independently and have the ability to run a busy reservations system
- Have a passion to sell every last room in a competitive market
- Previous experience with the following programs highly desirable though not essential: OPERA, timetarget, purchaseplus, ResaWEB, HotelLINK, DataWEB, TrustYOU, HotSOS and ACDC.
- You'll be confident, solution focused, team player
- The flexibility to work a variety shifts over a Wednesday to Tuesday roster including public holidays as required.
In terms of technical skills, this role calls for a high level of computer literacy, specifically around Microsoft Outlook and Excel. You will have an exceptional ability to think ahead of the game and forecast accordingly, you will also possess a strong understanding of yield management. Experience with OPERA would be highly advantageous however not essential. In return for your passion, hard work and commitment, we will offer you:
- Extensive training & development opportunities within a world leading Hotel chain
- Uniform & Duty Meals provided
- Fantastic Accor colleague incentives & benefits
- A supportive, inclusive and encouraging team environment
- Career progression with Academie Accor
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.