Hotels & Resorts
Sales and Marketing-PR
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Residences Sales Manager
Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk
This role is responsible to achieve and surpass the yearly sales budget for the residences at Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk. Responsible for adhering to the management standards and quality guidelines in the Department set by the Commercial Director
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist during preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- To actively contribute to the Department's financial and administrative activities to ensure that yearly revenue budgets are surpassed.
- To prepare and submit relevant administration/ sales tasks in a timely and accurate manner such as sales call schedules, sales call reports and monthly reports to the Commercial Director.
- To participate in preparing the residences sales action plans, attend sales meetings; develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To work closely with the sales team in the preparation of personal sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and to complete a report and analysis at the end of each month.
- To respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
- To set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts for the residences
- To entertain decision makers of accounts in the F&B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- To follow up on lost business and to share information about the residences competitor set.
- To negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding the residences.
- To contribute to following the conversion ratio of the Group Department.
- To be aware of all market trends and share it to team so that a collective action can be implemented.
- To plan and arrange business trips to expand market awareness of the brand and the residences in key source markets.
- To attend the international fairs, roadshows maintain and build strong relations during these events.
- To consistently interact with key clients focusing on high profile guests.
- To maintain an efficient customer database system (OPERA), this is essential in generating sales activities report.
- To update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- To seek out and target new customers, new sales opportunities and initiate action plan to secure new residences business for the Hotel.
- To assist Credit Department in following up all outstanding balances of accounts in a timely manner.
- To come prepared on weekly Sales and Revenue meetings
- To build and maintain good relations with all Accor Regional and Global Sales Offices.
- To be aware of all fire, health, safety, emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- To adhere to the Department and Hotel's standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information in the Department and Hotel.
- To carry out duties, projects and other assignments as required by the Commercial Director
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Good understanding of the luxury residences market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Professional sales and presentation skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Problem solving skills
- Managerial / Leadership skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, independent, and manages stress gracefully
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
- Minimum 3 years experience in a sales position, preferably at an international 5 star hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in Arabic, written & spoken is a must
- Fluency in English and other languages, written and spoken, is preferred