Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Resident Bartender, Writers Bar
The Raffles Beverage Ambassador - Resident Bartender is responsible for delivering friendly and efficient Food and Beverage service and also prepares, mixes and serves drinks and beverages correctly to all guests. He/she engages with our guests during their visit, receives/serves orders and delivers accordance to Raffles Hotel Singapore service standards. This is to meet guests' dining experience expectations as well as to contribute to the achieving the set financial and other targets of the four outlets; Long Bar, Raffles Courtyard, Writers Bar and Pool Bar.
Food and Beverage Service
- Provides excellent and high quality service at all times to all of our guests based on established hotel standard operating procedures in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Greets and bids farewells to guests and colleagues in a friendly, professional, timely and courteous manner.
- Has extensive and full knowledge of the hotel's food & beverage menus in order to provide knowledgeable service of all products, including liquors and cocktails, upselling products whenever possible and adequate in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Offers menu options and advice when working in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar and takes orders for guests.
- Offers 2nd glass of drinks upon completion within 2 minutes of glass being empty or ¾ quarter of drinks being empty.
- Takes responsibility for residents' and guest belongings in bars as per the set standards and in a timely manner for Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Remembers guest's preferences in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar and guest's names to extend adequate personalised service.
- Takes guest's Food & Beverage orders timely (within 3 minutes after guests seated), professionally, accurately and assures correct input in Point of Sales system including seat cover position or any allergens.
- Double checks order list before "sending" ticket to the kitchen/bar in a timely manner.
- Anticipates guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything or follow up.
- Verifies guest satisfaction with each table as whenever adequate based on guests and sequence of service in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Uses the guest name appropriately and communicates it to managers when working in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Serves food/beverage and all condiments correctly in a timely, efficient manner and at the correct temperature.
Bar Operations and Service
- Supports Head bartender in providing world-class hospitality and drinks making in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Supports Mixologist to carry out plans, priorities, organises and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific period.
- Ensures operating par stock for OS&E and beverage in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Adheres to bar Standard Operating Procedures for all 4 bar outlets (Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar).
- Delivers quality and consistency of all drinks served in accordance with the bar recipes in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar by Raffles Hotel Singapore.
- Ensures maintenance equipment checklist to be conducted on weekly basis with Engineering and Housekeeping team in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Ensures Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar and related areas and outlets' hygiene are kept to Raffles Hotel Singapore and HACCP standards.
- Attends all Raffles Hotel Singapore or Food & Beverage training platform for all colleagues.
- Familiarises self with the company's applicable processes, software and technologies (e.g. Micros, Avero, Material Control, etc.).
- Is present in one of the 4 assigned bar outlets (Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar) during all key operation periods.
- Achieves or exceeds Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar's goal and sales target.
- Builds strong relationship with local guests and builds loyal following as foundation for a successful operation.
- Maintains levels of confidentiality and discretion of the guest, colleague or operator at all times.
- Uses a Heartist approach - makes the guests and colleagues Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
- Ensures service standards and individual performances is aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to the hotel's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts by supports the Planet 21 program.
Marketing Plan and Revenue Management
- Comfortably and confidently answers questions and attend to queries or feedback regarding Raffles Hotel Singapore and the 4 bar outlets (Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar).
- Makes recommendations to the Management on other potential sources of revenue e.g. promotions etc in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Carries out appropriate and effective measures to improve control of costs, expenses, and labour for Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
Training, Learning and Development of the Team
- Attends Raffles Hotel Singapore or Food & Beverage training for all colleagues.
- Completes On-the-Job-Trainings in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar and develops new skills and knowledge.
- Assists and guides the departmental orientation for new colleagues for Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/Pool Bar.
- Adheres to Raffles Hotel Singapore fire and safety, emergency procedures and hygiene NEA rules and regulations are met and achieved in Long Bar/Raffles Courtyard/Writers Bar/PoolBar.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in relevant bar experience with similar standing or profile.
- Knowledge of classic/international cocktails, spirits and hospitality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic POS management.
- Previous relevant bar experience with similar standing or profile as bartender.
- Passionate in beverage and cocktail making and knowledge of alcoholic beverages and mixing of drinks.
- Ability to work with a team of diversified background and support the team accordance to Raffles Hotel Singapore policy and plan.
- Certified with valid National Environment Agency (Singapore) Basic Food Hygiene Handler.
- Highly organised with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the hotel.
- Extrovert, sociable, and avid representing the bar/outlet and the Raffles brand.
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Service oriented with an eye for details, passion and innovative for Food & Beverage.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team across divisional borders.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Able to work and thrive within a culturally diverse environment.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative in dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Flexible and adaptable to different working locations.
- Commitment to professional values - brand conscious.
- Demonstrates sophistication, humbleness, clear personality, charisma, confidence, professional etiquette and pride.
- Builds strong rapport and coordinates approached with other departmental colleagues.
- Thrives in large-scale operation and high volume operation.
Enjoy craft cocktails, Champagnes, spirits and wines in our sophisticated lobby bar - an alluring space that pays tribute to the many famous authors who have stayed at Raffles Singapore throughout the years. Writers Bar offers a meticulously curated cocktail experience inspired by the work of the Writer-in-Residence under the Raffles' Writer's Residency Programme, which showcases a literary work by an established or aspiring author each year. Helmed by Head Bartender Nicholas Alexander, Writers Bar currently offers a selection of unique cocktails influenced by the various colourful characters in "The Raffles Affair", a light-hearted murder mystery set in Raffles Hotel Singapore and written by Vicky Virtue, the current Writer-in-Residence.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues' Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit - Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children's Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.