Restaurant General Manager
Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Restaurant General Manager
Sofitel Dubai The Palm
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenue figures are achieved for the outlet.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled for the outlet.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To ensure that the pool and beach are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To ensure that all operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To assign responsibilities to the two assistant manager in charge i.e beach and pool and to check their performance periodically.
- To assist and coach in the operation and be visible during peak times.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct and assist Stewarding Manager in monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies for the outlet.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies for the outlet.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to ambassadors on preparation, service and menu.
- To liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage department on daily operation and quality.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and assisting to update guest history.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures is strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that a supervisor and Assistant Outlet Manager are always visible and available on duty during service time in the outlet.
- To identify in conjunction with the Director of Food and Beverage / Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, market needs and trends.
- To monitor and analyze the menus and product of competitive restaurants and pool bars.
- To assist the Executive Chef in developing menu "specials", a la carte, pool bar snacks and to prepare recipes and specifications for the outlet where applicable.
- To plan and implement an effective sales plan and promotional activities for the outlets.
- To provide the Director of Food and Beverage / Assistant Director of Food & Beverage with recommendations for the advertising campaign and assist in putting together the advertising brief and attend subsequent meetings.
- To revise and update the outlet's Departmental Operations Manual as and when needed.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan to establish a list of marketing activities in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.