Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Pittsburgh, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Restaurant Host, fl.2 - Part Time
Part-Time fl.2 Host
You are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. As a Host, you will make our guests Feel Welcome from the moment they arrive! Cirtical to the candidate's success is the ability to provide a gracious welcome coupled with a sense of excitement and professionalism, while balancing the reservations and restaurant seating.
What is in it for you:
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting. Additionally, fl.2, located on the second floor of the hotel, has quickly become one of the top see and be seen restaurant locations in downtown Pittsburgh. Part of the Accor Group, we offer travel discounts to global Accor properties, online learning programs and growth opportunities for career development.
What you will be doing:
Your experience and skills include:
- Greet all guests to fl.2 in a friendly, engaging and efficient manner
- Escort guests to their table, engaged in pointing out features of the restaurant
- Create and maintain a sense of excitement at the entrance including name recognition
- Balance the reservation system (Open table), accurately accounting for covers
- Assist with phone enquiries and reservation requests
- Keep a firm handle on the restaurant knowing the status of tables and flow of patrons
- Take ownership of the restaurant and the service flow
- Maintain stock of menus appropriate to service period
- Assist with requisitioning
- Provide service within Fairmont and Hotel Standards
- Aware of all business within hotel on a daily basis and able to guide guests accordingly
- Follow opening and closing procedures daily
- Assist Restaurant Managers as assigned
- Follow and adhere to all safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Previous F&B experience required, preferably in a luxury setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while providing excellent guest service
- Weekend availability required
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Ability to move quickly and efficiently
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
We are an inclusive company and our goal is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent. Accor focuses on an extensive DEI program, which enhances and supports the values of the Group, and are integrated into the global company culture. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ .
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS