Job Description For Restocker (full time)
Fairmont Royal York
Restocker (full time)
Create the experience before the guest has even arrived. As a Restocker, the organizational support you provide to the Housekeeping team will ensure our guest rooms are well equipped and that our guests Feel Welcome from the minute they step into their room.
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extended Healthcare Plan Coverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within the Company and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- All Heartists Travel Program for stays at properties world-wide
Your experience and skills include:
- Being a team player in assisting the Housekeeping Attendants to ensure guest rooms are prepared efficiently
- Consistently offer welcoming, friendly and warm service to external and internal guests.
- Provide intuitive service, engaging with external and internal guests and anticipating their needs.
- Foster positive cross departmental relationships to create a seamless experience
- Follow detailed cleaning standards as set through our ALL Safe - Stay Well, Leading Quality Assurance and Accor's brand standards
- Ensuring all guest and colleague requests are handled in an efficient and professional manner according to brand standard
- Supporting company and hotel policies and procedures including the promoting and participation in EES, Health and Safety, and Voice of Guest initiatives.
- Clean all assigned areas including: sanitizing, dusting, pickup and delivery of linen from rooms/carts, vacuuming, spot cleaning carpets, bathroom cleaning, window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies, maintaining exterior cleanliness, etc.
- Assistance with deep cleaning of carts and actively participating the preventative maintenance program
- Moving supplies as required
- Responsible for all restocking all totes, linens and supplies
- Sign in and out master keys daily which may include using the Key Tracer system
- Report any maintenance needs required in guest rooms, service areas and public spaces
- Ensuring that no items are placed in the corridor unattended at any time to ensure a positive guest experience
- Return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping Office
- Working safely to prevent injury
- Performs other related duties and follow hotel standards as assigned/applicable.
- Will work weekends, holidays and shift work as scheduled
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Warm and caring personality; previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
- Housekeeping experience desirable not required.
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written.
- Secondary schooling desirable not required.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning, cleaning materials and industrial equipment desired but not required
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and complete assigned projects in a timely manner
- Professional manner, outgoing personality and ability to work on own initiative
Your team and working environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs
- Ability to push or pull objects up to 60 lbs
- Frequent work above shoulder height is required
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS