Hotels & Resorts
Carolina, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Rooms Division Director
Director of Rooms
Fairmont El San Juan is searching for an enthusiastic individual who is looking for the experience and growth opportunity of a lifetime. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Director of Rooms will lead the Front Office (Royal Service, Concierge & Guest Relations) Housekeeping departments. Through thoughtful and innovative leadership, the successful candidate will continue to nurture and mentor a highly engaged Leadership & Colleague Team, resulting in continued improvements to Financial Results, Guest Service, Colleague Engagement and the consistent delivery of our Brand Promise of Turning Moments into Memories for our Guests.
Located minutes from Old San Juan, on the award-winning Isla Verde Beach in Puerto Rico. The resort features 388 guest rooms and suites, four pools, villa rooms, live entertainment, a Well & Being Spa and Fitness Center, paddleboards, luxury cabanas, signature dining at Caña by Juliana Gonzalez, El San Juan Beach Club, Meat Market, Riva and Chandelier Bar featuring a 7,000 Crystal Chandelier
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
- Employee Travel Program offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Contributing Member of the Hotel Executive Committee
- Demonstrate a commitment to Leadership, Guest Service excellence and our Brand Promise.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Leaders and Colleagues alike, and create an environment that allows Leaders & Colleagues to exceed guest expectations and provide a path for career development with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
- Lead by example.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Office (Front Desk, Royal Service, Concierge & Guest Relations), Housekeeping departments
- Establish and monitor effective goals and measurements for the Division through the utilization of the tools and resources with the Performance Management Program (PMP).
- Pro active and engaged recruitment, selection, training, mentoring and development of Leaders and Colleagues to ensure a Pipeline of Rooms Division talent is ready for promotion within the Hotel and within the Company..
- Ensures brand (inc. Loyalty & LQA) and service standards are in place, maintained, embraced, audited, improved upon and celebrated.
- Review industry trends for new and innovative product and service opportunities.
- Ensures that Guest and Colleague concerns are resolved satisfactory in a professional and timely manner, and create an environment where there is a feeling of ownership by all departments when it comes to Guest & Colleague concerns.
- Customer Service Champion - lead all Rooms Division departments to monitor, engage, support and embrace Voice of the Guest & Social Media Guest Satisfaction daily, monthly & yearly results and rankings to ensure there is a consistent focus of continued improvement
- Active participant and leader for all Rooms and public area Capital & Renovation projects.
- Actively involved in Health & Safety, including Execute Health & Safety mandate throughout division including WCB policies and practices
- Key active participant on the hotel Revenue Management Team, and continued focus to ensure revenue and inventory management practices are in place so as to maximize revenues for the Hotel and for the Owners.
- Maximization of revenues and effective cost control.
- Utilizes labour management tools (Watson) and tactics to ensure the right amount of people are in the right place at the right time for the right job.
- Responsible for Crisis management and BCP plans for the Division, and being an active member of hotel crisis mgmt team.
- Development of annual & monthly Operational & Capital Budgets & Forecasts; expenses, staffing levels and productivity.
- Involved in the development and execution of the Hotel Strategic Plan.
- Effective and timely interaction with all Hotel departments including participation and representation in hotel wide meetings /committees as required.
- Ensure representation of division on hotel environmental committee. Ensure environmental initiatives are adhered to, and new and innovative environmental opportunities are implemented.
- Maintain excellent relationships with business partners and the community.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper or previous Rooms Division position
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach and develop your team
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background
- Highly motivated, organized, goal and results oriented individual who thrives under pressure
- Effective tracking and follow up skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Front Office and Housekeeping operations, policies, procedures and Expense management
- Operational knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury beach resort
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued . We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences. To connect with us, please visit https://www.accorhotels.jobs/home.aspx