Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Rooms Division Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Rooms Division Manager
Grand Mercure Vadodara Surya Palace
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Contributing Member of the Hotel Executive Committee
- Demonstrate a commitment to Leadership, Guest Service excellence and our Brand Promise.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Leaders and Colleagues alike, and create an environment that allows Leaders & Colleagues to exceed guest expectations and provide a path for career development with Grand Mercure Vadodara.
- Lead by example.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Office (Front Desk, Concierge & Guest Relations), Housekeeping departments
- Establish and monitor effective goals and measurements for the Division through the utilization of the tools and resources with the Performance Management Program (PMP).
- Pro active and engaged recruitment, selection, training, mentoring and development of Leaders and Colleagues to ensure a Pipeline of Rooms Division talent is ready for promotion within the Hotel and within the Company..
- Ensures brand (inc. Loyalty) and service standards are in place, maintained, embraced, audited, improved upon and celebrated.
- Review industry trends for new and innovative product and service opportunities.
- Ensures that Guest and Colleague concerns are resolved satisfactory in a professional and timely manner, and create an environment where there is a feeling of ownership by all departments when it comes to Guest & Colleague concerns.
- Lead all Rooms Division departments to monitor, engage, support and embrace Voice of the Guest & Social Media Guest Satisfaction daily, monthly & yearly results and rankings to ensure there is a consistent focus of continued improvement
- Active participant and leader for all Rooms and public area Capital & Renovation projects.
- Actively involved in Health & Safety, including Execute Health & Safety mandate throughout division.
- Key active participant on the hotel Revenue Management Team, and continued focus to ensure revenue and inventory management practices are in place so as to maximize revenues for the Hotel and for the Owners.
- Maximization of revenues and effective cost control.
- Development of annual & monthly Operational & Capital Budgets & Forecasts; expenses, staffing levels and productivity.
- Involved in the development and execution of the Hotel Strategic Plan.
- Effective and timely interaction with all Hotel departments including participation and representation in hotel wide meetings /committees as required.
- Ensure representation of division on hotel environmental committee. Ensure environmental initiatives are adhered to, and new and innovative environmental opportunities are implemented.
- Maintain excellent relationships with business partners and the community.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper or previous Rooms Division position
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach and develop your team
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background
- Highly motivated, organized, goal and results oriented individual who thrives under pressure
- Effective tracking and follow up skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Front Office and Housekeeping operations, policies, procedures and Expense management
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21