Job Description For Sales Coordinator
Fairmont Royal York
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
Through your passion and motivation, you sell memorable experience to guests who stay in your property. You are professional and knowledgeable about your property, and you build strong relationships and create bond with your guests.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What's in it for you:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Your experience and skills include:
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external clients
- Maintain an orderly work environment
- Have a complete understanding and knowledge of hotel's services and facilities
- Assist with rate loading and passkey generation
- Assist in qualifying group and catering leads, researching space, entering bookings in Opera S&C, completion of banquet event orders and responding to client(s) either personally, or by directing to the appropriate salesperson(s
- Assist in qualifying leads, and entering acceptances/RFP's in Lanyon
- Accountability and ownership for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- To solicit from and confirm with clients, all information pertaining to the event they are planning, and to organize and distribute all information to departments through memos, banquet event orders and directives
- Conduct client site inspections of the property
- Maintain current sales and promotional literature
- Coordinate with other departments within the hotel to ensure distribution of important information
- Prepare and disseminate month-end reports
- Attend all sales meetings
- Obtain and record group histories
- Provide administrative duties as required by Director of Sales
- Regular sales office reception coverage
- Occasional Saturday office coverage
- Assist with preparation and follow-up of sales trips
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Relevant sales experience (internal or external) is an asset
- Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred
- High degree of Opera and Microsoft Office applications
- Minimal supervisory experience an asset
- Proven competency in the area of communication and organization
Your team and working environment:
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS