Job Description For Sales & Events Executive
ibis Styles Brisbane Elizabeth Street
- Join in the fun with our cohesive team at ibis Styles Brisbane, where our guests are our priority.
- Accor benefits, including wide range of accommodation and dining discounts.
- Great opportunity to join Accor - largest hotel operator in the Pacific region.
- Permanent Part-time contract.
The Sales and Events Executive will be responsible for coordinating and executing meetings and events bookings, as well as group accommodation bookings from initial enquiry to post-booking follow up. ibis Styles Brisbane Elizabeth Street
ibis Styles Brisbane Elizabeth Street is expanding our Sales & Marketing Team, as a result we are currently seeking to recruit a part-time Sales and Events Executive, with a strong focus on meetings and events, and group accommodation bookings.
ibis Styles Brisbane is a 4 star hotel, located in the heart of the Brisbane CBD. Opening in March 2016 the hotel has 367 fresh, vibrant and stylish accommodation rooms, two meeting and event spaces and an onsite restaurant. The hotel boasts unobstructed views of the Brisbane River and City, making the hotel unique in its design, where accommodation rooms sell themselves.
This is a great opportunity, to be a part of our dynamic team, where growth and development is encouraged. Not only will you be a part of the ibis Styles Family, but also Accor Hotels, where favorable perks, such as discounted accommodation and food & beverage discounts will be available. About the role:
Reporting to our Director of Sales & Marketing, as the Sales & Events Executive you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Interested in the above, does this sound like you?
- Coordinating, managing and executing meetings and events, and group accommodation enquiries.
- Building relationships with clients to maintain repeat business.
- Communicating effectively with all internal departments, to ensure relevant information is provided to assist other departments in rostering and ordering.
- Being proactive and prompt when auctioning client requests and enquiries.
- Managing invoicing, payments, receipts and fixed charges in accordance with client contracts.
- Liaising with the Revenue Manager to understand and help achieve ADR, forecast and budget requirements relating to group accommodation.
- Providing data and assisting with end of month reports, for Sales & Marketing.
Why work for Accor?
- Proven experience in hospitality, with a passion to exceed guest expectations.
- Operations and sales background favourable with group accommodation knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and time management.
- Proficiency in using Word and Outlook, with knowledge regarding Excel.
- Full time working rights for Australia is required for this role.
- Knowledge in Opera PMS system is an advantage.
- This is a terrific opportunity to showcase your Talent with Accor for your future career growth.
With over 400 hotels in Australia and New Zealand, and over 5000 globally, Accor offers limitless opportunities to grow your career within a supportive network of likeminded professionals. Become a Heartist and work in an environment where we encourage you to bring your real self to work, unleash your creativity and have fun.
At Accor, we offer a positive work environment, learning and development opportunities and great staff benefits locally, nationally and internationally. Apply now to begin your journey!
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.