Hotels & Resorts
Sales and Marketing-PR
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sales Manager - GCC & Middle East
Raffles The Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Responsible of leading and motivating junior team members to ensure yearly sales budget is achieved and surpassed. Responsible for adhering to the management standards and quality guidelines in the Department set by the Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist during preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- To actively contribute to the Department's financial and administrative activities to ensure that yearly revenue budgets are surpassed.
- Drives revenue to achieve Hotel's top line goals by proactively soliciting all business segments located in the GCC market with the main focus on (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia); to include new business from leisure & corporate accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads.
- Identify and target clients from assigned market that will generate business on behalf of hotel.
- Liaise and strengthen relationship with accounts in order to drive business and increase fare market share
- Follow up on all business inquiries and leads and qualify business to generate room nights and ancillary revenue to impact Rev Par performance, to include Private Retreats inventory.
- Create and execute account plans for to accounts and make recommendations re: pricing, yield management, room night production, sales activities, etc. and manage annual RFP process for each individual targeted account including account and market intelligence and pricing recommendations to maximize hotel profitability and secure travel program inclusion.
- Partners with Leadership to ensure competitive sales strategies are in place for the hotel and stay competitive within the market by aligning sales activities to generate business and communicate real-time competitor intel.
- Reports directly to Hotel Director of Sales and works closely with the hotel operations team, focuses on sales driven tasks.
- Plan activities in advance. Ability to coordinate special events, promotions and other required management duties as assigned
- Maintain a good understanding of the Hotel's Revenue Management strategy and seasonality/citywide pressures that impact business conditions.
- To prepare and submit relevant administration tasks in a timely and accurate manner such as sales call schedules, sales call reports and monthly reports to the Cluster DOS.
- To participate in preparing the sales action plans, attend sales meetings; develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To work closely with the sales team in the preparation of personal sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and to complete a report and analysis at the end of each month.
- To respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
- To set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts.
- To entertain decision makers of accounts in the F&B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- To follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- To negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- To contribute to following the conversion ratio of the Group Department.
- To be aware of all market trends and share it to team so that a collective action can be implemented.
- To plan and arrange business trips to expand market awareness of the brand in key source markets.
- To attend the international fairs, roadshows maintain and build strong relations during these events.
- To consistently interact with key clients focusing on high profile guests.
- To maintain an efficient customer database system (OPERA), this is essential in generating sales activities report.
- To update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- To seek out and target new customers, new sales opportunities and initiate action plan to secure new business for the Hotel.
- To assist Credit Department in following up all outstanding balances of accounts in a timely manner.
- To come prepared on weekly Sales and Revenue meetings
- To build and maintain good relations with all Accor Regional and Global Sales Offices.
- To be aware of all fire, health, safety, emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- To keep the Cluster DOS and Cluster DOSM promptly and fully informed of all problems or concerns so that corrective action can be taken on time.
- To adhere to the Department and Hotel's standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information in the Department and Hotel.
- To carry out duties, projects and other assignments as required by Cluster DOS
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Good understanding of luxury market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Professional sales and presentation skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Problem solving skills
- Managerial / Leadership skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, independent, and manages stress gracefully
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
- Minimum 3 years experience in a sales position, preferably at an international 5 star hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in Arabic, written & spoken is a must
- Fluency in English and other languages, written and spoken, is preferred