Hotels & Resorts
Sales and Marketing-PR
Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sales Manager
ibis Gading Serpong
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MEANS
- The Sales Manager's mission is to primarily promote the hotel and where possible, hotels belonging to the chain in his/her area/region. To achieve optimal sales at the best possible conditions for the company.
- To ensure the smooth running operation of the commercial section in consultation with the Director of Sales & Marketing on all matters.
- The performance of the Sales Manager will be determined solely by the productivities of the corporate section as well as the overall results of the hotel.
- The Sales manager performs his/her duties within the framework defined by the chain and hotel norms and by internal regulations as specified by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- The Sales Manager will also be responsible to the Director of Sales & Marketing for the Corporate Section and all Sales Personnel within the section.
The Sales Manager:
- Assist in drawing up the marketing plan annually with the Director of Sales and Marketing (including section on Corporate Accounts).
- Keeps a record on former, existing, potential clients and a profile of each of them.
- Organizes regular visits in accordance to a predetermined plan.
- Prepares a tentative monthly schedule to record all sales and other related actives for the preceding month.
- Presents a summary of his/her visits to the Sales manager on a weekly basis (Weekly Sales Plan) prior to and after the week is completed.
- Ensures that the invoicing effectively corresponds to all services agreed upon and rendered.
- Ensures that all new clients have no negative credit references.
- Records all daily sales calls.
- Records the statistics of his/her accounts.
- Submits production reports on his/her list of accounts on a monthly basis.
- Conducts group briefing to other staff within the corporate section when required.
The Sales Manager is familiar with the operation and application of the hotel's computer/data processing system. COMMERCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales Manager:
- Keeps himself/herself well informed about the operations especially in key departments (Front Office, Housekeeping, F&B, Banqueting etc.)
- Sets, in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing and Sales Manager, currents rates as charged by the hotel.
- Closely observes matters pertaining to competition (sites, prices, services offered on a regular basis - quarterly or more often if need to be).
- Promotes the hotel as often as possible through entertaining, conduction, site inspections, presentation etc., of the hotel.
The Sales Manager:
PUBLIC RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pays visits to former, existing and potential clients in view of entering into contracts with them, especially commercial accounts.
- Defines precisely guest requirements and ensures that the guest services offered corresponds effectively to their requests.
- Provides after-sales service and in particular to ensure all guests complaints are taken seriously and discussed with the respective departments if necessary.
- Receives in the hotel any important guests whom he has approached.
- Negotiates prices with the clients.
- Confirms verbal proposals in writing.
- -Ensures that all complaints have initiated follow-up action.
- The Sales Manager organizes meetings with professional people especially clients & people in a position to publicize the hotel.
- The Sales Manager is responsible to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- The Sales Manager maintains contacts with all the other departments of the hotel and may have contact with managements at the regional level.
- The Sales Manager maintains and ensures the smooth running operation of the Commercial Section.
Benefits What is in it for you:
- Own your work with pride and passion.
- Expert knowledge of hotel sales technics, marketing strategies and account management.
- A drive and hunger to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Exemplary presentation skills.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Knowledge of Revenue Management.
- Proactive sales approach.
- Leadership skills.
- Attractive package.
- National and International Opportunities in ACCOR group.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family.
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills.
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibilty activites, like Planet 21.
- Career development opportunies with national and international promotion opportunities.