Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Seasonal Tours Agent
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Seasonal Tours Agent
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our brand as a Tours Agent, where the engaging and anticipative service you provide over the telephone will make our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Complimentary shift meals through our Colleague Dining Program
- Complimentary uniform laundering and access to our Safety Footwear Reimbursement Program
- Access to Company Pension Plan, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), and Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) when meeting eligibility requirements
- Paid vacation, statutory holidays, and birthday leave when meeting eligibility requirements
Reporting to the Central Services Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Your experience and skills include:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Book and enter room reservation requests using the Property Management System
- Complete focus on the Tours/ FIT segments and ensuring the reservations requests and rooming list are updated in the system in a timely manner.
- Check reservation entered on by yesterday and update reservations accordingly to ensure a seamless arrival experience
- Review All FIT / Tours booking and ensure their method of payment is updated in the system
- Be the liaison between the hotel and the Tours Director and Travel Agent
- Ensure revenue is maximized by up-selling guest rooms and recommending hotel facilities
- Liaise with Sales, Conference Services, Tour Managers and other departments as required
- Update Group / Tours rooming list process, ensuring accuracy and proper management of the Group blocks.
- Monitor future Group / Tours pick-up to ensure over/under booking is managed properly to ensuring hotel maximizes revenue opportunities.
- Updating rate code as necessary
- Collect deposit according to the reservation policy
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Minimum 1 year customer service related experience required
- Previous Reservations Agent experience considered a strong asset
- Ability to advise guests on Metro Vancouver, its history, activities and attractions
- Previous Property Manager System experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Must be able to type 55 words per minute
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
We are thrilled to welcome our guests back to Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, known as the 'Castle in the City', with its chateau-style green-clad copper roof and gargoyles is an architectural landmark in the heart of Downton Vancouver that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. A registered heritage property operating since 1939, the hotel symbolizes grandeur and timeless elegance. In spring 2019, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver completed a $75M, five-year multiphase revitalization project. With its prestigious address on Georgia Street, this castle is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests back to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLES