Job Description For Senior Carbon & Sustainability Manager - Sustainable Sourcing
Accor Hotelservices UK & Ireland
We are worldwide Augmented Hospitality leaders, the best at what we do. Heartists is what we call ourselves, generous, passionate, attentive and free, whether we are welcoming guests, connecting with our peers or serving others.
Our entire Accor estate expands across the world. With over 300,000 experts committed to rejuvenating the hospitality experience we pride ourselves in being the employer of choice, so live limitlessly, come as you are, grow with us, work with purpose and explore the endless opportunities in store.
Accor is deeply committed to sustainable value creation, and plays an active role in giving back to planet and community.
In this regard, new positions focused especially on ESG have been created.
Join the Procurement Team of Accor Northern Europe Hub, and become our Senior Carbon & Sustainability Manager - Sustainable Sourcing at our London office.
Inside the central team of Accor Procurement department, your main responsibility will be to create the strategy for carbon reporting from suppliers, as well as designing a roadmap for our supply chain to ensure that we meet our commitment to be net zero by 2050. Your role will also have additional responsibilities for accelerating our sustainability strategy by ensuring that a local sourcing approach is maintained and developed to business requirements. You'll be collaborating with other regions to share best practice and reporting.
Who are you?
- Develop Carbon Strategy & reporting
- Develop a reporting methodology for current carbon emissions for procurement supply chain
- Create strategy and work with suppliers & category managers to support Accor Global strategy to meet our long-term commitment to achieving net zero by 2050
- Build relationships with sustainability teams to support with long term vision of carbon strategy, roadmap and communication (internal/external)
- Takes part to development of the wider procurement strategy
- Present & Advocate for advancing net zero program at both internal & external events and meetings including customers (owners and hotels)
- Develop reporting approach to identify % of local sustainable sourcing
- Collaborate with category managers of the selection process with carbon & sustainable credentials
- Support reporting on supplier audit tool and develop action plans with suppliers
- Increase local sourcing spend whilst maintaining budget & fiscal responsibilities
- Support on international procurement to ensure supplier selection process meets all sustainable credentials as part of the RFI/RFP process
- Be the subject matter expert on all carbon & sustainability topics within procurement supply chain.
- Support with training and development on carbon & sustainability within supply chain to upskill the wider procurement team
Proven professional with at least 5 years experience in procurement or Supply chain management, focused especially on carbon and sustainability, you believe that you can make an impact on environmental issues. You have both good analytical and communication skills, you're a forward thinker, have to capacity to influence and engage others.
Experience in Environment Change Management is a strong asset. What's in it for you?
Join a world leader of augmented hospitality, with the capacity to make a difference on environmental topics. Be the change you want to see in the world.
Grow and learn with us in an international and multi-cultural environment
Work on a hybrid way (2 days remote / 3 days at the office)
Attractive salary including annual bonus of 20%, based on your performances, the department's ones, and Accor's.
Heartists benefits (Hotels and F&B rates)
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS