Hotels & Resorts
New York, United States
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Sous Chef
Sofitel New York
Sofitel New York is looking for a Senior Sous Chef who is an enthusiastic, hospitality-oriented professional that will oversee our hotel banquet kitchen/restaurant operations, while providing outstanding service to ensure total guest satisfaction in compliance with company policies and procedures. Establish and support a high level of cooperation and teamwork in all areas of the department and among other departments.
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world! Exposure to all ACCOR Hotels Worldwide, enabling you for limitless growth.
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- You will be working for a FUN F&B TEAM!
The Senior Sous Chef is in charge of all activities related to the kitchen, which usually includes suggest recipes to create menus, managing kitchen staff, ordering and purchasing stock and equipment, plating design, and ensuring that all meals served in the outlets and banquet are both delicious and nutritious. He/ She will lead the staff while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production, purchasing and kitchen sanitation.
Your experience and skills include:
- Lead, mentor and train the Culinary Operations team
- The ability to ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared.
- Monitor Food costs with the supervision of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef
- Support the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with administrative responsibilities i.e. scheduling, payroll, expenses, etc. ensuring that all costs are place and carried out appropriately.
- Supervise all methods of food preparation and cooking methods, size of portions, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Coordinate and supervise the ordering of all food supplies and kitchen equipment; approves all products to meet quality standards; keeps cost accounts; and takes responsibility of food preparation areas.
- Train, develop, discipline, supervise and organize all kitchen personnel on a regular basis.
- Lead regular meetings with the kitchen staff as well as attend and participate in all required meetings. to set expectation for the operation and heartists
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
- Supervise and maintain Staff canteen
- Supervise and monitor stewarding team
- Develop and ensure a safe working environment for people to work.
- Communicate with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef on a regular basis the activities and result of the kitchen.
- Work efficiently in a Union environment and take initiative
- Proven knowledge of, and ability to oversee and manage our hotel banquet kitchen/restaurant operations through a minimum of 2 years in Food and Beverage Management of a four-diamond hotel.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position
- Solid time-management
- Organizational and people skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of the Culinary Arts
- Minimum 5 years cooking experience including experience in a fine dining restaurant
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Knowledge of French cooking techniques, and ingredients preferred.
- NYC Food Handler's Certificate required.
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
Your team and working environment:
- The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization documents
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Candidates will be required to show proof of being vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment per New York City Guidelines.
Ideally, situated steps away from Fifth Avenue, Times Square and Grand Central Station, Sofitel New York's 398 spacious guest rooms including 52 suites provide a haven in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city. With French inspiration, our ambassadors deliver service from the heart and lifelong memories one guest at a time. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
To join our Group, please visit https://careers.accor.com/