Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Waiter
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Server
"Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told" Job title: Server
Inspired & supported by: F&B Operations Leader
Salary: £27,533 (including service charge)
Your purpose will be:
You are an ambassador for exceptional service that is the hallmark of The Savoy's food and beverage experience. Your warm personal attention makes guests feel unique and valued, and creates enduring memories.
You will be accountable for:
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Delivering a memorable and professional 5 star service experience
- Advising guests through enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our F&B offering
- Delivering on all standards, policies and procedures to create memorable luxury guest experiences
What you will need to do this role: Essential:
- Delivering an extraordinary service experience to the highest industry standards with a distinctive personal touch as one team
- Assisting guests regarding menu choices in an informative and enthusiastic way
- Taking reservations with all required details
- Boosting our revenue through upselling and other creative initiatives
- Sharing knowledge of offering, promotions, preparation, general hotel knowledge and Savoy stories
- Following all safety and sanitation and COVID policies when handling food and beverage
- 1-2 years serving or hosting experience in a luxury hospitality environment
- Passion for and understanding of 5 star hospitality and what it takes to deliver it
- Empathetic with a talent for building rapport, and reading each guest's desired level of interaction
- Quick thinking, resourceful and able to solve problems 'in the moment'
- Ability to remain calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Willing to work in rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Rights to work in the UK
- Basic knowledge of a POS System
- Basic knowledge of Open table
- Industry related certifications (i.e. WSET)
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues. How you will be Extraordinary:
What's in it for you?
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say 'it's not my job!'
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
- Being part of The Savoy family - our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people