Job Description For Server, Reign Restaurant (full-time)
Fairmont Royal York
Server, Reign Restaurant (full time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
Specific Roles and Responsibilities That Create the Essential Toronto Experience:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
To act as a personal representative of the hotel by providing guests with the service that reflects the high standards of the Royal York. Ensuring that all guests' expectations have been exceeded. Overall dining experience is essential, therefore, you, the server, must have a thorough understanding of the operation, the menus, including the wine menu, a la carte menus and all other promotional menus in order to suggestively up sell benefiting the hotel, it's shareholders and yourself.
Your experience and skills include:
- To report to duty punctually, in full uniform in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards
- To consistently offer personal, friendly and efficient service, striving to exceed all guests expectations
- To clear all dishes, deliver meals and to present bills in a professional and discreet manner
- To have full knowledge of the menu, dietary restrictions and beverage lists in your outlet. Knowledge of all menu items, their garnishes, contents and preparation methods is required as be prepared to answer any guest questions in a direct and concise way
- To take corrective action when dealing with dissatisfied guests, as the main goal is to have the guest leave happy
- To maintain teamwork and good work ethics with all guests (internal and external) by assisting co-workers with any duties, without compromising the guests' dining experience
- To understand shift end reports, have knowledge of non-cash/cash transactions and procedures for depositing monies into safe or collecting due backs
- To have read and understood all hotel policies and procedures and departmental standards as outlined in the employee handbook
- To understand the concept, hours of operation, procedures for order taking, writing reservations, table setting and guest service standards of the restaurant
- To understand each work section and all side duties that are be assigned to you
- Attend pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to ensure open lines of communication between all employees
- To fully understand and follow the hotel's recycling program and procedures
- Immediately report any accidents that happen (regarding a guest, a co-worker or yourself) to your manager
- To express your concerns, suggestions or comments on how to improve the guests' experience or ways to improve the operation as a whole
- To understand all other outlets, services and offices in the hotel (location, hours of operation and offerings)
- Adhere to ALL Safe Standards, ensuring all hygiene and prevention measures are being met
- Adhere to alcohol handling procedures and policies
- Adhere to all LQA standards set for the department
- Any other tasks as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Previous work experience in a restaurant/food and beverage setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Smart Serve training program certification
- OTEC certificate an asset
- Previous experience of working in an union environment preferred
- Flexibility with shifts dependent on business demands (must be available weekends)
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS