Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Short Order Cook/ Commis Chef
Cooinda Lodge Kakadu
Looking for your next BIG adventure? Ready to explore? We are seeking a Short Order Cook for Cooinda Lodge Kakadu.
Step into Australia's largest and most iconic national park and join the parks largest Indigenous owned eco-accommodation resort. Set amongst the famous Yellow Water's, Cooinda Lodge boasts spectacular natural views and cultural connection. Whether it be a wetland or fishing cruise, a 4wd adventure to Kakadu most incredible falls, or simply a relaxing weekend away Cooinda Lodge has something for everyone.
Cooinda Lodge Kakadu is looking for an experienced Short Order Cook to operate our Too Deadly Fish & Chip Van, as well as working in our Restaurant and Bistro Kitchen when required.
- Have proven previous experience in a similar role
- Be able to consistently produce quality products with exceptional presentation
- Be self-motivated, reliable and work well under pressure
- Have excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Be a team player but have the skills to work autonomously when required
- Have excellent personal hygiene and presentation
- Be flexible in your working hours, including working weekends with additional shifts for Functions and Events.
- Be able to prepare, cook and present food in accordance to recipe and presentation standards
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Perform general clean-up duties
- Have good customer service and communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have the ability to take initiative and think on your feet
- Have a high attention to detail
- Have a reliable and 'can-do' attitude
- Have experience using the grill and fryer
- Be triple Vaccinated
In this role you will receive a competitive hourly rate including subsidised accommodation and meals. This role is a full-time position, fixed-term contract until the end of October 2022.
Do not miss this opportunity to develop your career while driving a positive impact within a unique environment.
Visit kakadutourism.com to learn more about Cooinda Lodge.
If you have any questions or would like to apply please call Jacqui McNeil, Talent & Culture Coordinator on 08 8979 1551 or email [email protected]
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.