Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Commis (Pastry)
Sofitel Singapore City Centre
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
Your experience and skills include:
- Work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures to complete requisitions, obtains proper signatures, submit, pick up, transport and store all items.
- Follow directions and maintain good working relationships with supervisors and managers.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other ambassadors, always acting in a professional manner.
- Perform other task or projects as assigned by hotel management and ambassadors.
- Work flexible hours as required by the hotel business.
- Inform the Chef de Cuisine of any food shortages before the item runs out.
- Inform the Chef de Cuisine of any excess food items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere in the hotel kitchens.
- Perform any tasks as assigned by the Management.
- Understand and participate in achieving the kitchen's food cost, avoiding any food wastage.
Your team and working environment:
- Has the aptitude and willingness to undertake further development with Sofitel.
- Fit and able to stand for the duration of a shift (8 hours)
- Organises time and work efficiently
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as part of the job role.
- Projects professional image at all times through personal presentation / interpersonal skills.
- Appreciates and maintains an effective outlet for stress.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, English essential
In alignment, with Sofitel's passion for luxurious hospitality, we strive to build a team of dedicated individuals with expertise to create an unforgettable experience for our guests. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS