Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sommelier
The Sommelier is responsible for delivering friendly and efficient wine service that meets guest dining experience expectations. The position is concerned with assisting and supporting the Head Sommelier in daily operations and duties of the outlets.
Delivers Friendly and Efficient Wine Service
- Offers wine options and advice and takes wine orders.
- Serves wine in efficient manner (in the right condition; glassware, temperature etc).
- Offers aperitif, upsell wine by the glass and bottle, offers after meal service.
- Greets and farewells guests in a friendly, courteous manner.
Focuses on the Guest Dining Experience
- Uses guest names when appropriate.
- Adjusts service to meet guests' special requests and provides personalised service.
- Uses a Heartist approach - makes the guests Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
- Looks for ways to upsell and add value.
Works as Part of the Food & Beverage Service Team
- Accuracy in wine order taking.
- Ensures timeliness in wine service.
- Efficiency of work in setting up the mise-en-place; picking up wine stock from store according to par stock, wine cellars arrangement, wine requisition according to needs.
- Cleanliness and work safety in wine and service areas.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department.
- Participates in training activities to improve wine knowledge & skills.
- Coordinates all functions with Culinary Team, Catering Sales Team and Service Team to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Develops own knowledge and skills to grow as business partner and leader.
- Ensures NEA rules and regulations are met and achieve.
- Ensures service standards and individual performances is aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to the hotel's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts by supports the Planet 21 program.
Knowledge and Experience
- Certificate or diploma in Hospitality or related field.
- Certificate in Wine or equivalent (e.g. Master court sommelier, WSET Level 3 etc.).
- Scores a minimum of 75% in the Raffles Hotel Singapore Basic Wine Test.
- 18 months in a wine service position, or similar operations.
- Has Service or Retail experience.
- Possesses Wine, beverage and food knowledge through professional or personal interests (personal interest/professional).
- Technical service skills.
- Interpersonal skills - communicates effectively with others.
- Proficient in written and conversational English.
- Reliable and consistent.
- Presentable and well groomed, adheres to Raffles Hotel Singapore grooming standards.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Works as part of a team.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues' Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit - Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children's Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.