Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Chefs-Kitchen
Location : Lorne, Australia
Level : Management
Posted : 02 Aug 2022
Job Role : Executive Sous Chef
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ46472
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-07
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
At the start of the Great Ocean Road lies Mantra Lorne, an historic guesthouse converted into a modern hotel with facilities that also make it the largest residential conference destination in Victoria. Set on 12 acres of beachfront, including tennis courts, a bowling green, bocce strip, croquet pitch and 18 hole putting green, it's a destination in itself.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Sous Chef with creative flair to join our Kitchen Team.
As our next Sous Chef reporting directly to the Head Chef, you will:
- Run your own section of the kitchen, ensuring service is smooth as well as assist with other sections if they require help
- Control the pass when required and ensure food costs are kept within the budget along with managing labour costs
- Maintain strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Be diligent and adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements & will have an understanding of HACCP management
- Ensure the delivery of high quality product and service-including a la carte dining, breakfast, lunch and dinner with the addition of in-room service and some catering for functions at our onsite conferencing facilities
What we are looking for:
- Someone who possesses genuine passion and creativity about the food industry
- A modern approach to cooking and flair for menu planning and design
- Someone with a high level of verbal communication
- The possession of a Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) - Essential
- A commitment to deliver on and exceed customer expectations
- Previous experience working in a four or five star hotel
Why work for Accor?
We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
We live and breathe by our four principles:
- People Crave Belonging
- People Want the Real Deal
- Every Person has a Story
- People Hate to be Wrong
In return for your commitment, we provide fantastic career and training opportunities and excellent working conditions with a supportive and fun team. In addition, we will provide you with hotel discounts and benefits worldwide. Click 'Apply' to begin your journey!
The Victorian Government has mandated second dose COVID-19 vaccination for accommodation workers. Therefore, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all accommodation workers.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Accor - Follow ALL-Accor Live Limitless @all.pacific
Work your way across the Pacific and find other opportunities - www.jobsataccor.com.au
To see what our team are up to connect with us at @KeepUpWithAccor on Instagram, Accor Careers Pacific on Facebook and LinkedIn .