Hotels & Resorts
Queenstown, New Zealand
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sous Chef
$25 - $34.99 per hour
40 hours per week
Rotating roster with weekend and public holiday work
Manage daily food preparation, production and implementation of menus which are designed to deliver innovative, safe food which meet market / customer needs and fall within budgeted guidelines.
- Provide renowned gastronomy offerings across our Bistro, restaurant, Club Lounge, room service and conferencing
- Provide effective and hands on supervision of the restaurant.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer and guest expectations, enabling the Food & Beverage operation to be recognised as purveying consistent, quality and value for money cuisine.
- Ensure food standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques
- Strive continually for innovative, quality, value for money food which is presented and served in the most complimentary way.
- Lead employees by setting a positive example, provide training, guidance and coaching.
- Maintain excellent presentation standards and cost control
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the owner
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage. Have stock control procedures implemented and maintained.
- Ensure the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the entire Kitchen team to meet Health & Safety regulations and food preparation guidelines.
- Cultivate a positive work environment where learning and personal development are benchmarks by which quality improvement is driven.
- Work closely with the wider team to meet food and beverage operational objectives.
- Demonstrate techniques and advise on cooking procedures.
- Train new employees and apprentices on cooking techniques and menus
- Prepare and cook food while on shift
- Oversee and control payroll costs
- Ensure all employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordination of the team to meet the kitchen's requirements.
- Qualified with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Have a high standard in food presentation
- Be able to demonstrate creativity and flair in menu development
- Be able to use leadership skills to maintain an effective work group
- Understanding of NZ food safety requirements
- Organise time and work efficiently
- Have effective verbal communication skills
- Benefits including free daily staff meals, dry-cleaned uniform and laundry allowance;
- Free ski hire;
- Your Accor card entitling you to discounted Hotel stays, food and beverage rates and Spa treatments;
- Opportunity to earn $600 through our referral scheme;
- Fun & supportive international team environment;
- Ongoing reward and recognition incentives and awards, further development and worldwide career progression within Accor.