Hotels & Resorts
Animation and Recreation
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Spa Operations Manager
Spa Operations Manager
Willow Stream Spa
The Spa Operations Manager is responsible for the establishment and execution of clear short term and long term goals to ensure the spa is recognized as one of the finest resort spas in the world. These goals must ensure Colleague satisfaction, Guest satisfaction, financial success, health and safety and environmental stewardship. The Spa Operations Manager is responsible for the daily leadership of the spa operations, ensuring all productivity and expense controls are followed as well as ensuring that all revenue opportunities, in keeping with the positioning of Willow Stream, will be capitalized upon.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor properties worldwide
- Exclusive Employee and Friends & Family Discounts at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Exclusive access to the Pacific Northwest Food & Beverage Discount Program with 50% off at our dining destinations in Vancouver, Victoria, and Whistler
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Complimentary meal during your shift through our Colleague Dining Program
- Complimentary uniform laundering
- Access to our comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, including extended healthcare benefits and RMT, dental, vision, and complimentary counseling, wellness sessions, financial and family planning through LifeWorks
- Access to our company-matched Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP)
- Opportunity to develop your talent through coaching and our Leadership Mentoring Programs
Your experience and skills include:
- A Leadership role within the Spa, responsible for the day to day operation of the spa front of house and maintaining a front of house and on the floor presence within the spa.
- Drive all aspects of Guest satisfaction - VOG & LQA and Sparkle Moments
- Responsible for achieving exceptional guest feedback and handling all complaints in a warm, professional and pro-active fashion. Inform the Director of Rooms of any complaints or issues regarding the spa facility taking the appropriate action or recommended amendments if necessary.
- Management of both Spa Attendants and Service Providers.
- Work in conjunction with the Spa Manager, assisting in managing the spa bookings systems, maximizing of revenue of treatments and programs through effective scheduling, yield management promoting all aspects of the spa and wellness, recording turn away and treatment cancellations.
- Maintain a sound treatment and retail knowledge to enable effective cross selling within the spa, and a good knowledge of the hotel and facilities available
- Assist the Team Leads to provide further consultation to guests when necessary to ensure that sales are closed on products recommendations made by the Service Providers.
- Maintain the cleanliness, presentation and organization of the spa reception at all times.
- Ensure all opening, closing and shift check-lists and procedures are completed on a daily basis, reporting any housekeeping and maintenance issues to the Director of Rooms.
- Ensure staff are aware of any current news and information and hold monthly meetings/briefings to communicate, motivate and be aware of staff needs.
- Provide training and development of the Spa Attendants and Service Teams as outlined by the Director Rooms and other courses.
- Assist the Spa Manager/Director of Rooms and Team Leads when required to produce monthly statistical KPI reports, including turn away and treatment cancellations to identify business and revenue opportunities.
- Assist the Director of Rooms and Team Leads when required with the maintenance of month end stock control system of all retail, and professional amenities.
- Assist the Spa Manager/Director of Rooms and Team Leads when required to calculate team incentives and commissions.
- Assist the Director of Rooms to pro-actively create new initiatives and incentives in retail and treatment bookings and promotions.
- In absence of the Spa Manager/Director of Rooms attend the morning and afternoon hotel meetings taking the most up to date information, guests and any other relevant information.
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Bachelor's Degree with Business Administration an asset, but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in management position in a Spa or related field an asset.
- Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
- Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences.
- Excellent communications skills- interpersonal, written and public/media relations
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-confident, proactive and able to prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships, lead a team of spa professionals and cooperate with other hotel departments.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying
- Occasional bending and kneeling
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your team and working environment:
Welcome to Canada's Castle on the Coast. The Empress Hotel sits proudly at the centre of culture and history in Victoria, British Columbia. This is the best of all worlds - where contrast meets distinction, opulence blends harmoniously with the understated and fabled history meshes with contemporary affairs. This award-winning Victoria hotel and National Historic Site is an alluring blend of classic and contemporary, vintage and cutting-edge: Where Modern meets Iconic. Come join our wonderful team of hospitality experts! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS