Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Starbucks Barista
Mantra Ala Moana
Shift Supervisor/Starbucks Manager
POSITION PURPOSE Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons. Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Avg. % of Time
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas. Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads. Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, bagels, scones, croissants, etc. Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation. Receive and process customer payments.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions. Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment. Wash dishes.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning. Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items. Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Create signs to advertise store products or events. Set up or restock product displays.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager or shift supervisor so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards which have been established by the hotel from time to time is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action procedures up to and including termination of employments.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to workvarying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the hotel rules and regulations for the safe efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job.
Previous or currently work at a coffee shop or Starbucks
1 year Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to learn quickly
Effective oral communication skills
Knowledge of the retail environment
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to build relationships QUALIFICATIONS & STANDARDS EXPERIENCE
Previous Coffee Shop experience preferred EDUCATION
High School Diploma LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Honolulu Liquor Card GROOMING
Hotel Grooming Standards
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Receruitment information and inquiries: Zachariah Rivera - Talent and Culture Manager, Human Resources at 808-944-4390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.