Job Description For Stewarding Manager
Fairmont Century Plaza
Every memorable dining experience begins behind the scenes with our food & beverage team's commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your leadership strengths and model our service culture as Stewarding Manager, where you will ensure superior standards of all flatware, tableware, and kitchen equipment in support of our food & beverage departments.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
Your experience and skills include:
- Ensure smooth operation of the Stewarding department on a daily basis
- Liaise with the Kitchen department to ensure cleanliness and maintenance standards are adhered
- Maintain and adhere to budgetary guidelines with respect to breakage, inventory, and preventative maintenance of dish machines
- Develop, motivate, lead, coach, and monitor performance of all team members
- Other duties as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Previous leadership experience required (in a Stewarding department preferred)
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Working knowledge in regards to labor forecasting, scheduling, and expense forecasting is an asset
- Diploma/Certification in a related discipline an asset
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment. Visa Requirements:
Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS