Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Steward
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Stewarding Manager
The Stewarding Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the Stewarding department, while also leading and coaching the employees. They will have direct and effective communication with all Hotel departments, particularly the departments within the Food & Beverage division.
What Is In It For You:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Competitive salary and flexible benefit plans
- Generous PTO allowances
- Employee rates at Accor properties in NCA region
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the highest quality of cleanliness and organization in all food service areas and service equipment
- Lead sanitation efforts and ensure compliance with health and safety standards, deeply involved in audits and inspections
- Manage all Stewarding team members including hiring, training, performance management, scheduling, assignment of daily duties and long term projects
- Monitor and control the operational budget, labor costs, equipment and supply requisition
- Maintain weekly schedules to ensure optimum service in all F&B areas
- Responsible for purchasing of glass, china, silverware, linen for the food and beverage department.
- Responsible for preserving hotel assets by playing a leading role in minimizing breakage, ensuring proper usage and prompt preventative maintenance
- Manage communication with outside contractors regarding maintenance and renovations
- Administer coaching, counseling and corrective action accordingly
- Chair of the Hotel's Planet 21 sustainability committee
- Is always visible and actively involved during higher service volumes
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a food and beverage operation, particularly within Stewarding or a luxury Hotel
- Well-versed in local and government legislation including OSHA, Health Department and Ecolab guidelines to ensure full compliance and safety in all areas
- Committed to having a full understanding of health, safety and environmental practices in the workplace
- Collective bargaining experience advantageous
- Excellent understanding of budget and budget controls
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be results oriented, very organized, highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, written and organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Requires extended periods of standing and walking throughout shifts, as well as medium to heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of objects, occasionally 50 lbs.
Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization. Your Team and Working Environment
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Drawing from Pittsburgh's rich history, fl.2 showcases a wide selection of local beers, craft cocktails, and an elevated Modern American menu with unique signature items that have the power to transform guests into regulars. Vibrant and inviting, the restaurant and bar offers a space that allows for an open, airy atmosphere with a modern framework incorporated with architectural elements. Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent. Why Work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you are you are and you can find the job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor! careers.accor.com