Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Steward
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Stewarding Van Driver
Fairmont Banff Springs
Are you looking to start your career in the Food & Beverage industry? Are you enthusiastic about the environment? This position will provide you with the start you need to help grow your career while enjoying a work life balance and all the great activities living in Banff brings.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $18.03 per hour. Full rate after one year is $20.43 per hour.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Duty meal in our staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- Drive, Load and unload food, banquet equipment, glassware, china and chemicals between all loading docks/ areas of the hotel in a secure and timely manner.
- Assist all departments with special deliveries on site or outside of the hotel.
- Ensuring daily inspection of the vehicle is filled out and report any damages.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the delivery truck and loading docks.
- Participate in the removal of garbage & recycling according to the rules set in place by the hotel and the Town of Banff.
- Assist other departments with large items to be removed and delivered to the Exshaw dump site and town of Banff dump site.
- Drive and deliver food & beverage to remote service locations including but not limited to Waldhaus, Clubhouse, Bowling Center, and Convention Center etc.
- Ensuring inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of better guest satisfaction
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Class 5 driver's license, with a comfort level of driving a 1 ton truck
- Current driver's abstract, to be provided prior to your first day
- Previous experience an asset
- Ability to operate industrial machinery
- Constant lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, kneeling, and carrying up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for 8 hours
- Exposure to kitchen equipment, sounds, fumes, chemicals, working in hot, humid & cold environments
- Passionate and organized about maintaining a clean safe working environment
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ . Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS APPLY TODAY:
For more information on working and living in Banff, please visit www.banffsprin gsjobs.com