Job Description For Talent & Culture Manager
Mercure Miri City Centre, Malaysia
Please note this job is only available to Malaysian citizens due to work visa restrictions.
Reporting to the General Manager and part of the executive committee, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
What you will be doing:
- You will join the pre-opening team and be instrumental in the setup of your department, this position is responsible for the development and formulation of policies, procedures and practices to support the operational needs of the hotel. Supervises and provides consultation to the management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
- He/she is also expected to take a leadership role in developing a culture that supports the hotel's strategic goals and will lead performance management, talent assessment, and effective labor relationships, including negotiating and administering labor agreements.
- Continuously improving the organization's talent and culture by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations, policies, procedures, programs and practices.
- Maintaining the work structure by constantly updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supporting employees by executing the recruiting, testing and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection, conducting and analyzing exit interviews and recommending changes.
- Manages the remuneration plan by conducting periodic surveys and evaluations, preparing payroll and related budgets.
- Installing a performance based culture by planning, monitoring and appraising the employee's work results in coordination with the Learning & Development.
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records and representing the organization at hearings.
Mercure Miri City Centre will feature 172 contemporary and stylishly appointed rooms & suites, while locally rooted, the design and decor tells an authentic & inspiring story and will offer a trendy option for cosmopolitan, sophisticated leisure and business travelers alike who come to experience the abundance of natural beauty of Miri.
Ideally located in the centre of Miri city, the hotel will offer 3 uniquely positioned F&B venues, most notably a funky rooftop pool, bar & restaurant venue, art, two dedicated floors of next generation co- working space & meeting options, and state of the art fitness facilities and program.
Miri is infamous for ecotourism and the home of the world's spectacular natural wonders such as UNESCO World Heritage Site caves, national parks & diving reefs. The hotel is nearby the Sarawak- Brunei border, on the legendary island of Borneo and 10 minutes from Miri International Airport. Work Experience
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in human resource management
- Ability to multi-task, work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about your chosen career
- Hotel pre-opening experience or work in a lifestyle hotel would be an advantage
- Proficient in English language required as is local languages
Your team and working environment:
You are going to work with supportive, professional leaders and colleagues aligned with the Accor Service culture.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.Benefits Whats in it for you?
Why work for Accor?
- Well being and work life balance, 5 day work week, 2 days off per week for all team members at Mercure Miri City Centre
- Fun, supportive and collaborative working environment
- Chance to be part of the pre-opening team, evolved in bringing Miri's newest lifestyle inspired hotel to life in 2022
- Employee benefit card offering discounts and discounted rates in Accor Hotels in over 90 countries around the world
- Develop your talents and skills through learning programs by Academy Accor
- Opportunities to grow within our property, Accor Malaysia network and across the world
- Ability to contribute to the local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement. Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality