Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Other Department
Location : Baie Sainte Anne, Seychelles
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 17 Jul 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ64149
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-08
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Baie Sainte Anne
Raffles Hotels & Resort is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. It is part of AccorHotels brands, which offers unique moments and diverse experiences in more than 4.100 addresses throughout 95 countries. From luxury to economy, each hotel shares a common, well-being and warm welcome.
Raffles Seychelles offers spectacular colleague accommodation, accompanied by world class facilities, transportation, uniforms, meals and boat tickets to and from Praslin/Mahé. The Resort features 86 luxurious villas, the award-winning Raffles Spa as well as several stylish and unique dining options.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who have the talent, dedication, drive and passion to be part of a leading global luxury hospitality brand.
Position: Technical Purchaser
Reports to: Cost Controller
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To manage the overall engineering supplies and ensure that the hotel has adequate supplies to perform their duties in an efficient manner.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather quotes for parts, consumables, tools etc... needed by the department for daily operation, equipment and building preventive maintenance and projects.
- Raise purchase order for items needed for daily operation and projects after collecting at least two quotes.
- Facilitate day to day issuance of tools, parts, consumables needed in the operation.
- Maintain stock in the store by conducting regular inventory of store items (Weekly and Monthly)
- Provide a system whereby all items in store are encoded on the computer. Ensure records and actual SOH is tally at all times.
- Monitor the stock level and order items reaching minimum stock level.
- Day to day coordination and answering inquiries from different suppliers pertaining to ordered parts, materials, tools etc... to ensure proper/exact product will reach the site.
- Facilitate local buying of items.
- Maintain records of purchase orders; update the served and non-served items.
- Follow up on any discrepancies on payments, delivery etc...
- Provide weekly report on parts /materials/tools etc... that is to be order.
- Maintain all stores are in proper, well maintained and organized.
- All other duties that may arise during occasions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of effective office organizational practices
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to use all Purchase Codes and complete shipping documentation
- Ability to operate and manage all necessary equipment
- Ability to move and handle merchandise throughout the Hotel
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee Hotel purchasing operations
- College diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of purchasing experience