Job Description For Utility Engineer
Fairmont Century Plaza
You will apply your exceptional standards as an integral member of the Engineering Team to assist or perform repairs and maintenance of equipment and the physical structure of hotel; in a safe, efficient and professional manner and carry out tasks as assigned by the Director of Engineering and Chief Engineer.
What is in it for you:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What you will be doing:
- Support the Engineering team in the day to day maintenance of equipment and physical structure of the hotel; in a safe, efficient and professional manner, ensuring all standards are followed
- Repair, maintain and inspect plumbing, physical structure, electrical
wiring and fixtures, machinery, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, spa, kitchen and laundry equipment, in accordance with blue prints, manuals, and building codes, using hand and power tools, carpenter, electrician, and plumbing tools
Your experience and skills include:
- Repairs and replaces outlets, switches, fixtures, clears toilets and opens clogged drains; occasionally makes and repairs shelves, partitions and other wooden structures.
- Occasionally paints walls, floors, woodwork and fixtures of establishment.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Cleans coils and replaces filters equipment.
- Repairs and replaces locks, light bulbs and light fixtures; replaces grout and caulking.
- Helps and assists other departments.
- Uses software and other preventive maintenance software to track time and work.
- Uses assigned handheld devices such as an ipads and radio to communicate work.
- Is familiar with all fire and emergency procedures.
- Conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among company employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Technical Trade School course work or relevant hotel experience
Your team and working environment:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the in Customer Service setting and Handyman/Maintenance role
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment. Visa Requirements:
Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS