Job Description For Valet Parking Attendant (part-time)
Fairmont Royal York
Valet Parking Attendant (part-time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
As an Emerging Leader, you will lead yourself through: positive orientation, self-development, self-management and problem solving. You will lead others through: leading by example, engaging with the teams, developing others and communicating effectively. You will lead the business through being guest-focused and aware of the business and identifying areas of improvement.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Greeting all guests and co-workers with a smile and an appropriate hospitality greeting
- To be noticeably positioned at entrances anticipating guests needs and to provide parking assistance upon arrival, and departure of guest vehicles.
- Greets all guests arriving by vehicle, and promotes valet parking as only hotel related parking option or clearly directs guest to appropriate public parking service if they prefer
- Provide the guest with detailed parking fees and clear explanation of valet benefits
- Ensures driveway and entrance are free and clear from congestion for arrivals and departures of vehicles by ensuring all cars are parked in an expedient manner.
- Register guest vehicles in Valet Parking device with accurate information
- Complete a thorough walk around of guests vehicles prior to entering garage highlighting any damage on Valet Parking device and advising Guest Service Leaders of any warning lights present on guests vehicle
- Ensures all vehicle keys are clearly identified and stored in a locked location
- Retrieving vehicles as requested by guest in a quick and timely manner
- Assist with opening and closing vehicle doors
- Assist guest in loading luggage into vehicle and providing directions as needed upon departure
- Provide the removal of items from stored vehicles if required, and other miscellaneous services requested by the guest or Guest Services Leader in a timely manner
- When requested or anticipated, provide guests with information and answers to questions about Hotel facilities, meeting functions, dining facilities, local transportation alternatives, and tourist attractions.
- Assists in fire alarms by fulfilling duties as outlined in the hotel fire response manual.
- Assist in ensuring guest and co-worker safety and security by reporting any suspicious or unusual behavior or occurrence to the appropriate supervisor on duty, and informing security.
- Strict adherence to Fairmont Service Standard Expectations as it relates to Valet Parking
- In the course of normal duties, to observe, report, or take immediate corrective action on deficiencies, malfunctions, and untidiness.
- To report for duty with a professional appearance and dress to standards. Awareness and acknowledgement of all our AccorLiveLimitless Members
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Service focused personality is essential; customer service experience is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Available for shift work including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Ability to operate all type of vehicles (Manual and Automatic transmission)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience with Valet Operating System an asset
- Valid Driver's License with no infractions
- Good command of the English language
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS