Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
28 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
"Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told"
Job title: Valet
Inspired & supported by: Executive Head Housekeeper
Your purpose will be:
To be a key player at the heart of our operation. Taking pride in providing a high standard of work in the linen room with guest and colleague laundry, dry cleaning and pressing.
You will be accountable for:
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Preparing the linen to help set the teams up for success during the day.
- Handling guest requests, belongings and personal items with the utmost care, security and discretion.
- Preparation and delivery of essential stock promoting a one team mind set
- Keeping a clean and tidy work environment at all times
What you will need to do this role: Essential:
- Collecting, processing and delivering laundry, dry cleaning and pressing for guests
- Assist with packing/unpacking/room moves for guests
- To accurately record and charge all items
- Sewing and garment repairs
- To operate laundry equipment correctly
- To assist in controlling linen stocks and linen inventories
- To accurately process and distribute staff uniforms communicating damage and missing items
- To ensure all communications with guests are in line with service standards
- To keep the linen room and equipment clean and tidy at all times
- Other duties as specified by Housekeeping leadership
- The ability to prioritise and organise yourself
- Warm, enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Able to work under pressure and at high speed.
- Frequently kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, reaching, standing and walking.
- CAN DO attitude and able to adapt to changes
- Problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Highly responsible and able to work independently with little supervision and also able to follow directions thoroughly
- The desire to develop your skills to include luggage service, laundry services and other operating equipment (shampoo machine, washing machines, dryers, ironer)
- 1 year minimum experience in the Hospitality Industry preferred. And 6 months minimum in laundry.
- Flexibility. Working between Monday to Sunday.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues. How you will be Extraordinary:
What's in it for you?
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say 'it's not my job!'
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
- Being part of The Savoy family - our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people