Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Athens, Greece
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 25 Nov 2022
Job Role : Food & Beverage Waiter
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ4529
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-12-27
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Athens Capital Hotel - MGALLERY Hotel Collection
Serves guests (prepares the dining room, provides waiter service and clears away) in the point of sale, in line with the F&B concept (restaurant, meeting room, breakfast, bar or patio). Provides a high standard of service both in terms of welcome and waiter service.
- Perform the tasks of order taking and maximise sales opportunities through knowledge of product and suggestive selling. Ensure accuracy by repeating order(s) to the guests.
- Take orders and send them to kitchen staff through the POS system.
- Deliver orders promptly to the kitchen production area.
- Check ordered meals on collection from kitchen and deliver to guests promptly to maintain temperature and appearance ensure items are announced.
- Keep tables and service areas clean and tidy as per procedure manual.
- Maintain hygienic food service techniques during service.
- Take responsibility for your designated section and station.
- When working in Room Service promptly answer telephone and maximise sales opportunities through knowledge of product and suggestive selling
- Ensure room service trays and trolleys are set-up correctly and collected promptly when guest(s) have finished.
- Any other reasonable request as required by your Supervisor or Hotel Management.
Health & Safety
- Actively participate in safe work practices and procedures in the workplace, use equipment safely.
- Fully understand departmental fire, evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Report/ record all accidents/incidents on the appropriate workplace register and support injured employee rehabilitation.
- Report any health or safety hazards to your Supervisor.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment provided.
- Actively participate in Accor hotel environmental initiatives.
- Report all broken or damaged equipment to a Supervisor.
- Provide efficient, friendly and professional service to all guests, making all guests experience positive.
- Take a positive problem solving approach with guest problems and concerns, call the Manager on Duty if difficulties arise.
- Actively sell and promote, hotel facilities and services.
- Follow the standards and performance outlined during training and in the departmental service procedures manual. Complete all tasks within the shift to these standards.
- Suggest any improvements that could be made to existing services or procedures.
- Attend training programmes and meetings as directed to constantly improve skills and knowledge.
- Follow the expectations and guidelines in the Accor Employee Handbook.
- Do not divulge Hotel or guest information either during or after employment with the hotel/ Accor.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Vocational certificate or diploma in F&B and/or anyone eager to work in the sector regardless of their educational background, pending validation of their skills and motivation.
- Language skills: fluent in the national language and business English
SKILLS / QUALITIES
- Guest oriented, service minded and attention to quality
- Sales acumen
- Good presentation
- Thorough and organized approach