Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Waiter
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Waitress
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Takes the orders of the guests and conveys to related production areas.
- Handles all service matters to guests in the station.
- Organizes table set-ups and move them as and when required.
- Interacts with guests professionally and uses tactful up-selling techniques.
- During the set-up of the restaurant, she must check the cleaning and the quality of all equipment, glassware, cutlery, chinaware, napkins etc.
- After the set-up and before the arrival of the guests, and also during a new set-up within the service time, she must check the quality of the set-up and be sure that the restaurant or the table has a nice and warm appearance.
- Attends the communication meetings of her outlet. Personally supervises the end of day closing of the service area and makes sure that all equipment is in an appropriate place and nothing is left around, which can be hazardous.
- At the end of the shift or the day, she has to communicate all information that the next shift or the supervisor has to know for a well running of the operations.
- In absence of the hostess, escorts guests to their tables and recommends food and beverage items, and special promotions if available.
- Checks the standard and quality of food and beverage which leaves the kitchen.
- Checks extra needs of a guest.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience as a Waitress in a hotel or resort.
- Have knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS