Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Waiter
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Waitress /Waiter
ibis Styles Dubai Deira
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities: Planning & Organizing:
- Serves Food & Beverage to the guests in the assigned station / place of work in a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible manner consistent with established performance and productivity standards in any of the Food & Beverage Outlets (Restaurant, Room Service) in order to maximize guest satisfaction and return clientele.
- Is flexible to extend job duties and responsibilities, which do not distinctly differ in nature from the original assigned work, including re-assignment to alternative departments and areas if required, to meet business demand and guest service needs.
- Knowledgeable of Municipality policies and regulations when it comes to food handling.
- Fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- Set ups tables and bars in accordance to food & beverage standards.
- Participates in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings to discuss various aspects of food service and preparation.
- Attends Departmental training especially for the new Heartists, paying particular attention to courtesy, efficiency, service standards, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge.
- Assists in planning and organizing festive food & beverage promotions within the assigned outlet.
- Provides a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotel's Standards of Performance.
- Follows correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
- Continuously learn on customer service, changing menu item, specials and prices.
- Performs all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular basis reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- Cleans and polishes glassware, chinaware, hollowware and flatware.
- Is flexible and able to adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage department or any other department of the hotel as assigned.
- Performs all duties and tasks when rotated and assigned to another Outlet as per Master Task List for that Department.
- Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
- Is responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the outlet by ensuring that all equipment are working properly and are trained to work safely with it.
- Performs opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- Ensures that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped. To keep food & beverage consumables to par level, ordering and rotating.
- Assists in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- Assists in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating supplies and equipment (OS&E).
- Monitors operating supplies by maintaining and controlling established food & beverage par stock and operating supplies to ensure smooth operation and to reduce spoilage and wastage.
- Has a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend food & beverage combinations and up-sell alternatives.
- Is fluent in operation of MICROS POS system, as assigned.
- Handles money and guest charges accurately.
- Handles guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be founded and to assure follow up with guests.
- Is demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- Ensures that the outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Reports "Lost & Found" items, in accordance to the hotels policies and procedures and to local legislation in handling lost & found items.
- Explains the discrepancies in the potential food & beverage cost satisfactorily.
- Assists in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly and yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock.
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.