McGettigan’s Pub was first opened in Ireland in the 1960’s, on Queen Street in Dublin by Jim McGettigan. Since that day, the business has grown from Dublin, moved to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, back home to Donegal, Limerick and Galway with further locations in Singapore, Clarke Quay and New York City.
2010 saw the very first McGettigan’s Irish Pub open its doors in Dubai at Jumeirah Lakes Towers. Eighteen short months later, the McGettigan’s story in Dubai expanded with the opening of both McGettigan’s Irish Pubs at Dubai World Trade Centre and Dubai International Airport.
Unique décor, delicious Irish food & drinks, the best Irish and international entertainment and sporting events are the ingredients that have made McGettigan’s Irish Pubs such a success in the United Arab Emirates.
McGettigan’s in Jumeirah Lakes Towers had an explosive first eighteen months, hosting major live sporting events, and featured concerts and gigs.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about Food & Beverage. Being courteous, friendly and efficient is an innate part of their personality. In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess relevant experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars properties or Pub experience.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English is a must. Additional languages are value added advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic salary, accommodation, transport, duty meals, air ticket and medical insurance.
• Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
• Good Knowledge in Beers & other alcohols
• Plan and present bar menu
• Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages
• To participate in accordance with the requirements and practices of the pub.
• To prepare all setup required for the bar before each service.
• Undertaking cleaning and tidying of service and bar areas before, during and after the service.
• To have a working knowledge of each day’s menus in order to answer guests queries.
• Restocking of fridges as required.
• To be pleasant and helpful to guests without familiarity.
• To deal with guests comments and complaints initially and report these to the person in charge.
• Responsible for maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
• Responsible for reporting any health and safety hazards, immediately to the senior person on duty.
• Responsible for attending all departmental and training meetings when required including pre-service briefings.
• To assist with the setting up and service of additional functions/parties when required.
• To work towards the objectives of the company.
• To be fully conversant with the company’s emergency procedures.
• Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team and to ensure the smooth running of the service areas.
• Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
Candidate Must Possess
• Proven working experience as a bartender
• Good at handling cash
• Experience in MICROS
• Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
• Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
• Positive attitude & ability to communicate well in English
• Relevant training certificate