The Hotel Nurse is primarily responsible for the health and well-being of all colleagues at the Fairmont Fujairah.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Talent & Culture Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides primary health services to employees and guests as required
- Enrolls employees in medical health plans as required and administers eligibility periods and notifications for enrolments
- Conducts monthly audits of enrolments, waivers, terminations to ensure invoice accuracy
- Processes claim forms for reimbursement of medical services for employees
- Ensures the Hotel clinic is in proper working order and fully stocked with appropriate supplies and medications
- Liaises with clinics, physicians and hospitals to obtain updated medical information for colleagues
- Coordinates medical examinations for employee visas and Food Handlers cards as per government and municipality regulations
- Ensures that all First Aid boxes in the Hotel and are adequately stocked
- Ensures all confidential employee medical records are current and entered into the system
- Tracks employees who are on sick leave and ensure that the appropriate payroll information is entered and advise Managers on employee’s return to work status
- Inspects the Employee Dining Rooms and Kitchens on a regular basis to ensure that cooks comply with health and safety regulations
- Works with Security Department and the Training Manager to provide First Aid Training to Hotel employees as needed
- Is an active member/or presides Health & Safety Committee, identifies and implements new initiatives
- Administers work related injury claims with respect to administering and tracking claims, providing return to work opportunities for employees with work related injuries and implements strategies for reducing work related incidents/accidents
- Complies with Fairmont Fujairah policies, procedures and Code of Ethics
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external guest services at all times
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent English is required
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in high pressure situations
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Must demonstrate tact, flexibility and diplomacy at all times and work in an environment of strict confidentiality.
- Proven desire to be involved in maintaining Guest Service Excellence by providing quality service to our internal guests.
- Organized, energetic, creative and professional with strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Professional telephone manner and demeanor with a natural response to ‘smile’ on the phone.
- Team player with strong initiative and self-direction