To support and be able to substitute for the Director of Sales and Marketing in all departmental activities as needed.
2. To increase occupancy, average rate and profit of the hotel through planning, guidance, and training Sales Executives.
3. To call on accounts and report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
4. To increase business/occupancy through establishing and maintaining good relationship with a number of clients, working to meet sales targets.
5. To develop and maintain new business wherever possible from identified market segments and sources of business.
6. To enroll as many qualified Private Line members as possible from active accounts and to service Private Line members according to the Private Line manual.
7. To attend trade shows corporate functions, promotions, etc. representing hotel and Central Hotels in general to keep a high profile in the marketplace.
8. To distribute corporate directories and other Central Hotels sales collateral as appropriate.
9. To actively cross-sell all Central Hotels.
10. To maintain accurate accounts and data sheets on all active accounts; to monitor this data via the system.
11. To carry out the sales solicitation strategy developed for all applicable markets.
12. To participate in the sales duty roster as required.
13. To submit a monthly entertainment schedule to Director of Business Development, following individual budget guidelines.
14. To entertain key accounts when necessary with prior approval the Director of Marketing/ Director of Business Development.
15. To attend the daily Business Development briefing.
16. To maintain an efficient corporate and travel account filing system, following company guidelines.
17. To maintain all other hotel records and forms as prescribed by local hotel and management policies.
18. To follow operating standards on the use of the applicable computer system.
19. To identify, report, and respond to market needs and trends.
20. To monitor and analyze competitors sales promotion and activities.
21. To implement an effective sales plan and promotional activities for the department.
22. To constantly refine product knowledge.
23. To respond to any changes in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
1. To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
2. To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
3. To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
4. To assist in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
5. To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department’s Operations Manual.
6. To ensure that the Department’s Operational Budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled.
7. To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee Rules and Regulations.
8. To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Policy relating to Fire, Hygiene and Safety.
9. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.