flydubai Continues to Focus on Cargo Operations and Repatriation Flights
Operated 276 cargo-only flights to 26 destinations, transporting 1,651,929 kgs of essential goods
Since the directive came into effect on 24 March 2020, flydubai has enabled the movement of more than 1,651,929 kgs of perishables, medical supplies, express courier and essential goods. flydubai Cargo operated 276 flights, to 26 countries, utilising six of the carriers Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft which have been allocated to operate as all-cargo flights.
HamadObaidalla,Chief Commercial Officeratflydubai,said:air cargo operations will continue to be our focus over the next few weeks. We have been working closely with our strategic partners enabling flydubai to transport cargo seamlessly to where it is needed the most, while adhering to the safety standards set by the industry and the World Health Organization (WHO).
flydubai Cargo is maximizing its cargo capacity by transporting goods in the cargo hold on repatriation flights as well. The carrier obtained government approvals to operate 90 special repatriation flights over the past few weeks.
More than 12,532 passengers were able to return to their homes across 19 countries thanks to the efforts and collaboration of embassies and government authorities.
These repatriation flights operated to: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Croatia, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Pakistan, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Somaliland, Sudan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
While flydubai will continue to operate more cargo-only flights during this period, repatriation flights will be subject to government approvals and passengers are encouraged to check directly with their embassies for more information as well as flydubai.com.
flydubai received over 187,000 enquiries since March and has allocated a dedicated team to support with customer care.
flydubai has not cancelled all flights in its schedule and the cancellations are being made in line with the published NOTAMs.
For more information onflydubaiCargo, please visit:https://www.flydubai.com/en/information/cargo.
Direct Number:+97146033556 within the UAE or view the list offlydubaisCargorepresentatives worldwide.
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 90 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 236 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network:Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 48 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets:Opened up more than 65 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type:Operates a single fleet-type of 55 Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders:Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity:Carried more than 75 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
For all our latest news, please visit the flydubaiNewsroom.