About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world's premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Weddings & Social Events Executive, you will ensure the preparation and management of weddings and social events complies with Hyatt International's brand standards, whilst consistently exceeding the expectations of our guests. As the principal point of contact for weddings and social events, you will maximize guest satisfaction by providing the highest levels of personalized customer service and helping ensure the financial success of the department through achievement of sales targets and upselling. As our Weddings & Social Events Executive, you will be required to work Tuesdays - Saturdays.
Working in a team of 10, you will support the Director of Events in the day-to-day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Manage all wedding & social event leads and conversion
- Together with your Event Planning team, you will be primarily responsible for planning and executing events for the weddings and social markets
- Assist with the preparation of departmental month end reports
- Look after personal 'repeat business' contracts from enquiry to conversion to execution
- Conduct hotel site inspections for prospective and existing clients
- Ensure all details of upcoming events are communicated internally via event confirmations, wedding resumes, attendance at the event confirmation meeting and one-on-one meetings
- Deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Assisting in corporate events where necessary
- You will also assist with the corporate market in the off peak wedding months
- Tertiary qualifications in Hospitality / Event Management or related business education
- Previous sales experience with a five-star hotel or deluxe wedding reception venue with extensive knowledge of the event service operations
- An understanding of different cultural needs for weddings
- Sound knowledge of the wedding and leisure market segments
- A creative aptitude to actively incorporate a sense of originality into individual events
- A strong attention to details, exceptional organisational and time management skills
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of five-star grooming standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build rapport with clients
- Well-developed computer skills particularly in the use of MS Office, Event Management Software (Envision) and Room Management Systems (Opera) would be of advantage
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs