Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Kansas City/United States
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Waiter
Validate Through :
22 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Serenely located within the historic Kansas City Club building, this premier Kansas City destination seamlessly combines the old-world charm of a historic social club with modern luxury and elegance. Drawing on over 100 years of history as the premier social meeting place, The Hotel Kansas City provides a truly unique setting for memorable events, as well as inventive dining and nightlife.
In addition to the hotel's 144 guest rooms are the Town Company, a three-meal restaurant; Nighthawk, a live music basement bar; and a lobby lounge and bar that will bring locals and guests together for impromptu mingling. For the event minded guests, there will be 20,000 feet of meeting space that includes impressive historic ballrooms and a 3,000 square foot rooftop event patio.
The AM Restaurant Server is responsible for servicing food and beverage to include the order taking and delivery of any food and beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, address, phone number and proper set up of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all spirits, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes.
- Maintain complete knowledge of the wines by the glass program, including particular characteristics and descriptions of each selection.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation methods, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of preparation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of local vendors and farmers.
- Maintain complete knowledge of POS and reservation systems.
- Check station before, during, and after shift for proper set up and cleanliness.
- Ensure all service ware is in good condition, polished and in line with departmental standards.
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Anticipate and service guests needs.
- Be familiar with all Hotel Kansas City services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries.
- Explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Take guests' food and beverage order.
- Record the details of the order from the guests.
- Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen and bar of the particulars in the order being placed.
- Retrieve all alcoholic orders from the bar, ensuring correct garnishes and glassware is used, and serve to the guest.
- Serve wine bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
- Abide by all Federal, State, Local and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Preset tables with appropriate items for each course when necessary.
- When complete, retrieve the order (up to 50lbs) from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest in an unobtrusive and professional manner.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Clear each course.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Handle guest complaints that may arise by informing a manager of the problem to constructively develop a resolution.
- Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees in accordance with departmental standards.
- Present the check to the guest promptly.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Clear and reset tables quickly and efficiently.
- Perform all assigned side work as assigned by management. Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager and the Director of Food and Beverage.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- One (1) to five (5) years previous food and beverage serving experience.
- Must obtain Kansas City Liquor License.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service-ware, and menu items.
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English sufficiently to understand menus, special promotions, and communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the entire variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 50lbs through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the guest check.
- Ability to stand, walk, and continuously perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD,401K with Matching, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Meal, Discounted Parking, Referral Bonuses
- Free room nights,Discounted room nights andFriends and Family discounts
- Unlimited growth potential with Hyatt. Ability to relocate for advancement opportunities in the future
- Proven sales/volume which leads to increased tips/ability to increase wages
- Teaching hotel where you can learn from some of the best in the business