Job Description For Area Director of Human Resources
Destination Residences Vail As a part of the Hyatt family's collection, Destination Resorts is situated in the heart of North America's best skiing area in Vail, Colorado. The Destination Resorts Vail properties feature a collection of distinct, residential-style vacation rentals in the heart of Lionshead and Vail Villages. In winter, explore all 5,289 acres of Vail. It is seriously Like Nothing Else on Earth. In summer, venture out for hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing, whitewater kayaking, and more. Relax, you're on Mountain Time now.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the properties Executive Committee, the Area Director of Human Resources is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This role will oversee Destination Resorts Vail and Destination Resorts Snowmass. This person is responsible for aligning associate strategies with our operations strategies and service initiatives to meet the hotels business objectives. The Human Resources function prides itself on excellence, service, integrity and accountability. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Area Director of Human Resources is responsible for short and long term planning of the HR function. This means leading strategically and tactically in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment and staffing strategies, wage and salary administration, associate and labor relations, benefits, workforce training and development and local diversity initiatives.
Other duties include:
- Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
- Strong background in employment, employee relations, benefits, wage and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies as they impact HR
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates
- Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and materials
- Instruct managers in developing alternatives/solutions to employee concerns, and in carrying out/operating within regulatory programs
- Successfully defend against unemployment claims, Workers' Compensation claims, etc.
- Conduct wage and salary surveys.
- Provides employee counseling as necessary
- Plans and coordinates employee functions, suggestion program, etc.
- Take an active role in professional HR organizations
- Work closely with Corporate HR function
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
The startingpay for this position is $140,000. Actual salarywill be commensurate with experience.
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer excellent benefits:
- Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance (after 30 days)
- 401(k)retirement planwith company match
- Paid Vacation, sick days, new child leave
- Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Complimentary ski pass or health reimbursement
- Complimentary garage parking
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Our Values: Respect Integrity Humility Empathy Creativity Fun COVID-19 Safety:
Hyatt Hotels follows all COVID-19 CDC and US Health department protocols for the safety of our employees and guests.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Qualifications
- 6 years or more of progressive Human Resource experience (typically with Hyatt)
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills