Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Banquet Manager
Assistant Operations Manager - Banquets/Event Services
Located within walking distance of Nationwide Arena and the trendy Arena District, Hyatt Regency Columbus redefines the modern hotel experience. We offer 633 renovated guest rooms and spacious suites and 70,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. We are connected to the Greater Columbus Convention Center and steps to the Short North Arts District, ours is the hotel in which to meet and play in downtown Columbus.
Are you ready?
Because we are looking for anAssistant Operations Manager - Banquets/Event Services!
What's in it for YOU?
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets
- Free meals every day in our employee dining room
- Take pride in working for a company that is in the "100 Best Companies to Work For" by FORTUNE
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage after 30 days of employment
- Vacation days
- Connect with thousands of National and Local Partners for Various Discounts
- Free COTA Bus Pass
- Discounted monthly parking passes for Downtown parking
- Family Events and Recognition Celebrations
"Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose"
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to "Headspace App" for all employees, free of charge as well as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance eligibility after 30 days of employment
"Careers at Hyatt don't have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee's individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice"
- With over 700 Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the United States, opportunities for internal promotions are abundant
- Regular Check-In Conversations with Managers to discuss personal career goals
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best.
- Education assistance of up to $1,000 per year toward personal growth and development
"Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all"
- The Human Rights Campaign has honored Hyatt among the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+Equality in 2022, for the 18 th consecutive year
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshops and classroom trainings
- Our Vision: Our commitment is to create an environment where people can bring their whole self to work each day - so they can be their best and perform at their best so they can better care for others
- When we say people, we are including everyone from every perspective around the world. There are no exclusions by color, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other demographic
What does the ROLE entail?
- A team player with a good portion of personality
- Enthusiasm and a hands-on mentality
- A true representative of the company to customers, employees, the public and other external sources
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a love for guest service
- A true support for our customers and colleagues
Qualifications Your EXPERIENCE:
- Goal of the Banquet Assistant Operations Manager : Effectively and proactively monitor the daily functions of theBanquet/Event Services department by ensuring coordination and execution of all hotel events in the hotel's 70,000 square feet of event space.
- Support and manage the Banquet/Event Services and Event Set Up teams while working closely with the Event Sales and Event Planning team as well as other hotel operating departments.
- Supervise, empower, lead, coach and motivate the events team toward achieving exceptional guest service results and colleague engagement.
- Assist the hotel in reaching top service scores on our Meeting Planner and guest surveys.
- Ensure thorough communication and understanding with guests and other departments. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions, meetings, and food service while maintaining standards of food and beverage specifications.
- Proactively review staffing and equipment needs.
- Maintain a high energy, positive, and professional atmosphere.
- Develop innovative and creative ideas to enhance the food & beverage function.
- Reinforce highest standards of quality service through effective hiring, training, development, and on-going communication & feedback.
- Administrative tasks include, but not limited to, the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
- A minimum of 2-4 years of hotel/banquet or similar experience. Some leadership experience preferred
- Strong and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organization, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Ability to lift, pull, and push a moderate weight (about 50 pounds)
- Full-Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends, holidays and, a varied schedule
- Demonstrates Hyatt Values: Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun
Our Values: Respect Integrity Humility Empathy Creativity Fun
Hyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
are looking for?
If the answer isYES
, then please complete the application!