Portland, United States
Job Role :
Director of Marketing and Sales
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Associate Director of Sales
It's time to elevate your career in Hospitality Sales, and join the Hyatt Regency Portland team! Just steps away from the Oregon Convention Center, the Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center offers an experience like nowhere else. As the largest hotel in Oregon, we welcome groups of all sizes and passions! You will have an opportunity to lead the way and take your expertise and enthusiasm for Sales, and turn ideas into reality for our clients, all while inspiring and guiding our Sales team! At your fingertips, you will have 20 customizable event venues offering over 39,000 square feet of event space and 600 guest rooms to accommodate groups of all sizes! Advance your career with us in a gorgeous environment you'll be proud to represent!
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, life insurance, and short term disabilityeligibility upon 30th day of employment!
- Daily Complimentary meal in our employee dining room
- Retirement savings plans with employer contributions
- Discounted & complimentary lodging accommodations at Hyatt worldwide
- Discounted Tri-Met passes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resortsand so much more!
The Associate Director of Sales is an experienced senior-level hotel sales role that reports directly to the Director of Sales. Responsibilities include managing and leading the sales staff as well as managing select key accounts. The position is typically an 18 - 24 month commitment with a clear goal to experience the training and development necessary to become a future Director of Sales for Hyatt. The ADOS responsibilities include but are not limited to the mentoring and training of sales staff, recruitment and hiring of sales staff, leading sales meetings, working with event sales and planning, involvement with the annual business plan process, forecasting, owners meetings, systems training, report analysis, P&L management, business travel and tradeshows, customer entertainment, community involvement and networking. This position may be required to serve as Director in the absence of the Director of Sales.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch. Qualifications
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Professional verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- 3-5 years experience in Hotel Sales
- Sales leadership experience
- Ability to train and monitor the process of sending referrals, setting traces, and profiling accounts
- Excellent customer relations
- Strong organization skills of utmost importance
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.